Well I said I wasnt getting a facebook but in 2009 I did and of course loved it!!!! But today I sit here with the huge question is it really a good thing for me to have?!!? Here are a list of my pros and cons rolling around in my head.
pros
- Two days ago I had a prayer request and within 5 minutes had 8 people (who didnt even know the person they were praying for) praying.
- Helps me to get prayer request and keep up with how the person is recovering
- Helps you keep in touch with family back home
Cons
- has been known to send out dirty videos and pictures from your name without your knowledge
- People often pick fights and post hurtful things about others
- It often seems like just a bunch of people gossiping and just a bunch of nosy people
- Alot of miss communication and incorrect information
- Alot of pictures and things get posted that should never ever be posted
I feel like if im doing the right things and trying to share Jesus and my testimony as much as possible im doing good, But I often wonder if God even wants us on a site like that with so much bad going on all around us. I once saw a picture posted of someone who had gotten arrested (in handcuffs and everything) and the picture had many comments about how justice was served and so happy hes off the streets. Hope hes in for along time. I did not know this person and I have no idea what they did but I do know We all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God -Romans 3:23 And I also know thats someones son and im sure that momma is broken hearted enough and doesnt need more threw up in her face. Just today I saw a picture of a car crash (a bad one) someone had seen as they were driving home from work and felt the need to take a picture and post on facebook. They had lots of comments and said they heard someone died in the wreck. My heart broke because there is a family somewhere whose hearts are breaking too and I hope and pray they never have to see the picture floating around facebook. Life is full of things that can be used for good and can be used for bad As Christians we must use everything we can to share the gospel and facebook is no different. My concern and prayer is that while we are on there trying to do good We are not sucked into the bad because so many times thats the way it happens instead of the other way around.
No comments:
Post a Comment