Today is Chinese New Year! This morning I dressed Connor up in his traditional Chinese New Year outfit ( the orphanage sent home with him) and we danced and celebrated to songs in my guys native language.
Its a tradition we keep just for him and although I often think of Hong Kong and my littles guys life before he came into our lives, there is something about Chinese New Year and watching him dance in his outift that unravels me.
The day we met Connor we walked through those doors and there he was in his Chinese New Years outfit. The first time I wrapped him up in my embrace he was in that beautiful burgundy suit with the gold cuffs and buttons, and I was changed. So it makes sense that the outfit does something to me.
As I watched him with endless joy I thought of his first family. His Orphanage family. See my guy was extremely blessed, which im well aware is odd to say given he was in a orphanage and needed a family. However its so true in so many ways. My guy knew love from the moment he let out his first cry. He was cared for, and nourished. He was guided and taught. He was cherished and proud of. And when I came to realize that the overwhelming feeling hit that God had hovered over this precious boy the moment his heart began beating in the womb. God never left him. He place him with a mother who loved him enough to make the most selfless decision in order to give him a better life. He then went to live with a foster mother who we had the privilege to meet and hear speak at his farewell party. He then was moved to Mothers Choice Orphanage where he grew and thrived under the care of so many who will forever love him so deeply. And then He came into our lives. God was there each step of the way. Nothing was a surprise to Him and He never left him. He watched over and protected him long before I came into the picture.
So when I see him all dressed up, celebrating a piece of his past and he has that adorable smile I love so much and a twinkle in his eye I like to think hes remembering too. I like to think he knows that Gods been so good to him. I like to think that hes thankful for those who loved him before we could. I like to believe he will never forget cause I will spend my life reminding him. That he was cared for, and nourished. He was guided and taught. He was cherished and proud of long before his daddy and I came for him. I like to think that He knows thats because God loves him so very much. I never want him to forget who he is and where his life began and all those who helped him get where he is today and loved him long before I could.
Its a tradition we keep just for him and although I often think of Hong Kong and my littles guys life before he came into our lives, there is something about Chinese New Year and watching him dance in his outift that unravels me.
The day we met Connor we walked through those doors and there he was in his Chinese New Years outfit. The first time I wrapped him up in my embrace he was in that beautiful burgundy suit with the gold cuffs and buttons, and I was changed. So it makes sense that the outfit does something to me.
As I watched him with endless joy I thought of his first family. His Orphanage family. See my guy was extremely blessed, which im well aware is odd to say given he was in a orphanage and needed a family. However its so true in so many ways. My guy knew love from the moment he let out his first cry. He was cared for, and nourished. He was guided and taught. He was cherished and proud of. And when I came to realize that the overwhelming feeling hit that God had hovered over this precious boy the moment his heart began beating in the womb. God never left him. He place him with a mother who loved him enough to make the most selfless decision in order to give him a better life. He then went to live with a foster mother who we had the privilege to meet and hear speak at his farewell party. He then was moved to Mothers Choice Orphanage where he grew and thrived under the care of so many who will forever love him so deeply. And then He came into our lives. God was there each step of the way. Nothing was a surprise to Him and He never left him. He watched over and protected him long before I came into the picture.
So when I see him all dressed up, celebrating a piece of his past and he has that adorable smile I love so much and a twinkle in his eye I like to think hes remembering too. I like to think he knows that Gods been so good to him. I like to think that hes thankful for those who loved him before we could. I like to believe he will never forget cause I will spend my life reminding him. That he was cared for, and nourished. He was guided and taught. He was cherished and proud of long before his daddy and I came for him. I like to think that He knows thats because God loves him so very much. I never want him to forget who he is and where his life began and all those who helped him get where he is today and loved him long before I could.
I promise Ill never let him forget.

No comments:
Post a Comment