I cant be the only one right?? The hustle and bustle of life is crazy, and i'm super busy or im embellishing in those moments when i'm not. Then boom the next thing I know i'm looking around at all that has happened and how quickly life passed me by and we were in our own little bubble. We were content and quiet and its then I realize that life kept going, but I got lost.
Months, weeks, years may have passed and I realize I got lost. Lost in my own little world. Lost in my own families chaos. Lost in our happy little bubble, and it wasn't at all intentional when I got lost.
So this is for you. The ones who havent seen me in awhile. The ones I talk to less and less. The ones who wonder where I been. The ones who assume I dont care. The ones who wish we hadn't grown apart, this is for you to let you know I wish that too.
See I had all these plans when I became a mother. I had great intentions, but motherhood sucks you in, as it should and yet its difficult to look back and wonder where you've been.
So my advice to mothers is get lost in your baby. Soak in everything about them, but dont get lost from all other aspects of life. Visit family, go out with friends, make those phone calls, and of course keep your kiddo your main focus, but dont get lost.
I look around and cant even remember the last time I have seen some family members and friends. I cant remember the last time I went out with friends. I realize it was likely me who dropped the ball. It was me who pulled away, It was me who stopped coming around, it was me who stopped calling. And the only think I can say is I got lost. Lost in my utter bliss. Lost in the sadness of hospital stays and sickness. Lost in quiet nights at home resting from a chaotic week. Lost in bath time splashes and bedtime kisses. Lost in breathing treatments and antibiotics. Lost in the sadness, happiness, and all the inbetween of the life as a special needs mom. The constant roller coaster that is my life, the constant advocating and battling. The constant being on guard. The constant worry and yet blissful content.
I still have much to learn about motherhood, and I have much to learn about how to not get lost.
Months, weeks, years may have passed and I realize I got lost. Lost in my own little world. Lost in my own families chaos. Lost in our happy little bubble, and it wasn't at all intentional when I got lost.
So this is for you. The ones who havent seen me in awhile. The ones I talk to less and less. The ones who wonder where I been. The ones who assume I dont care. The ones who wish we hadn't grown apart, this is for you to let you know I wish that too.
See I had all these plans when I became a mother. I had great intentions, but motherhood sucks you in, as it should and yet its difficult to look back and wonder where you've been.
So my advice to mothers is get lost in your baby. Soak in everything about them, but dont get lost from all other aspects of life. Visit family, go out with friends, make those phone calls, and of course keep your kiddo your main focus, but dont get lost.
I look around and cant even remember the last time I have seen some family members and friends. I cant remember the last time I went out with friends. I realize it was likely me who dropped the ball. It was me who pulled away, It was me who stopped coming around, it was me who stopped calling. And the only think I can say is I got lost. Lost in my utter bliss. Lost in the sadness of hospital stays and sickness. Lost in quiet nights at home resting from a chaotic week. Lost in bath time splashes and bedtime kisses. Lost in breathing treatments and antibiotics. Lost in the sadness, happiness, and all the inbetween of the life as a special needs mom. The constant roller coaster that is my life, the constant advocating and battling. The constant being on guard. The constant worry and yet blissful content.
I still have much to learn about motherhood, and I have much to learn about how to not get lost.

No comments:
Post a Comment