I am a peacemaker. I do not enjoy drama, and without even meaning to I feel the weight when others aren't getting along even if it has nothing to do with me. I want peace. I want love. I want happiness and contentment. This hasn't always been something i've loved about myself due to the fact I stay stressed and worried about things that are out of my control. I think disagreements are fights. Disagreements bother me. I carry that with me. Its difficult and as much as I don't like it, I can't turn it off. But i've come to a revolution.....
There's no shame in being a peacemaker.
I don't share my opinions on facebook. You won't catch me blasting anyone in the comment section. You won't see political views. Because all of these things are recipes for disaster for a peacemaker. However on the rare occasion I do post something that rubs someone the wrong way I either A. delete my post or comment, or B don't respond. A is normally what ends up happening. This has only happened however a handful of times and obviously it's never my intent. I've been accused of never having a opinion to which I say we all have a opinion and i'm no different, I just know when to keep quiet. Which in this day and time is often due to everyone taking offense to everything. There are times though when we don't think. We say something with no ill intent, and yet its taken opposite I say often that i'm misunderstood. It happens often on social media. The problem is from behind a keyboard you cannot hear someones tone or see their facial expressions. Sometimes in an attempt to be sarcastic or funny were taken wrong because what we've written has been taken seriously. I try my best to put emojis to express the way I mean something, but it doesn't always work. One thing that helps me stay out of unnecessary drama is the just keep scrolling rule. If I see something I don't like or agree with, I just keep scrolling. There's no reason for me to get involved honestly. However sometimes no matter what we do we get caught up in this crazy world of negative reactions.
I've been told off in a support group for crying out loud. I often get a lot of flack for my take on inclusion because I full heartedly think there are times that a CDC room is best. I even chose this route for my own child, which is one of the only times I spoke up. Dont mess with mama bear. haha
My point is if your a peacemaker like me don't be ashamed. We are few and far between and I happen to think were a breath of fresh air in this drama filled, opinion forced on, crazy world. So keep spreading the peace, and staying out of what doesn't concern you. We cant stop the hate, but certainly don't have to join in.
Keep being peaceful ya'll. Us peacemakers sincerely appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment