"I'm sorry you didn't get your miracle."
Aww thank you wait what??? Connor had been home about a year, and I was dumbfounded at what had just been said. It was bewildering to me that ( some) people feel sorry when they look at my family. Cause all I see is a miracle. God grace is all over that little face.
Maybe because its not my blue eyes and Jeremys wild hair. But when we set out on our journey we told God red, yellow, black, or white we didn't care. We were gonna love him.
The fact that thats hard to fathom honestly pains me.
Rest assured that I got my miracle. A child born to another woman calls me mama, and while that hurts in a million differents ways its a miracle.
The way God orchestrated the perfect plan. The way a million prayers were answered. Those dark eyes and black hair oh what a miracle.
Motherhood might have come a little differently than what I always envisioned, and yet a beautiful miracle occurred. I didn't feel kicking from the inside, but I felt a ache for someone across the world. I didn't look at a ultrasound, but I showed his picture to anyone who would look. And when it was time, I didn't feel the pains of labor but my body certainly ached from that loonnngggg plane ride. I didn't birth a tiny miracle and hear his first cries as he was laid on my chest, but I walked into a orphanage and heard "say hi mama, daddy how are you" as the most precious thing I'd ever seen toddled toward me. Daddy didn't get to shout its a boy as he walked into a waiting room filled with our family, but he carried our son into that crowded airport to the sweetest shouts and applause of those who prayed and walked the 21 month journey right along with us.
Aww thank you wait what??? Connor had been home about a year, and I was dumbfounded at what had just been said. It was bewildering to me that ( some) people feel sorry when they look at my family. Cause all I see is a miracle. God grace is all over that little face.
Maybe because its not my blue eyes and Jeremys wild hair. But when we set out on our journey we told God red, yellow, black, or white we didn't care. We were gonna love him.
The fact that thats hard to fathom honestly pains me.
Rest assured that I got my miracle. A child born to another woman calls me mama, and while that hurts in a million differents ways its a miracle.
The way God orchestrated the perfect plan. The way a million prayers were answered. Those dark eyes and black hair oh what a miracle.
Motherhood might have come a little differently than what I always envisioned, and yet a beautiful miracle occurred. I didn't feel kicking from the inside, but I felt a ache for someone across the world. I didn't look at a ultrasound, but I showed his picture to anyone who would look. And when it was time, I didn't feel the pains of labor but my body certainly ached from that loonnngggg plane ride. I didn't birth a tiny miracle and hear his first cries as he was laid on my chest, but I walked into a orphanage and heard "say hi mama, daddy how are you" as the most precious thing I'd ever seen toddled toward me. Daddy didn't get to shout its a boy as he walked into a waiting room filled with our family, but he carried our son into that crowded airport to the sweetest shouts and applause of those who prayed and walked the 21 month journey right along with us.
We certainly got our miracle.

No comments:
Post a Comment