Friday, July 10, 2020

He Carried me...

What If we hadnt came for you?? What if we had said no?? What if we let the fear and uncertainty win?

What If God hadnt called us?? What if we missed you....How could you not be here??

Sometimes I become overwhelmed with life. Its certainly not always easy. Hard days do come. But at the end of everyday when I turn on your night light and tuck you in and slip out of the room Im not thinking about the struggles or how hard a day it had been

Im thinking about how thankful I am to have you.
Im overwhelmed again, but this time with this powerful love.

A love that cannot be turned off.
A love that knows no bounds.
A love that fights and advocates.
A love that is your safe place on the days I really want to fall apart.
A love that cheers you on.
A love that picks you up when you fall.
A love that encourages you to try again.
A love that celebrates each milestone with the most ridiculous dance moves.
A love that cannot diminish.

A love thats a mother, your mother.
It didnt come because I carried you for 9 months.
It didnt come because I felt your kicks for 5 months.
It didnt come from one ounce of biology.

It came from a Savior who spoke to me one night when I should have been sleeping.

It came from a faithful God who knew just how to answer prayers from here to across the world with one perfect plan.

It came from a God who didnt show me the whole staircase at first, but promised me if I took a step at a time he would get me to the top.

It came because a woman who shares your biology chose to put you first and give you more than what she believed she could.

The adoption took time. We faced setbacks and countless hurdles, but the love it was instant. You didnt need to have formed in my womb. You didnt need to have my eyes or daddys hair.

You actually didnt need to do anything. Because we were coming for you.

And I cant promise you a BIG Lavish life. But I can promise you Ill always come for you. Even on the hard days. Even when we struggle. In the good times and bad Mama will come for you.

And God will come for you. Even when you push Him away. Theres no mountain He wont tear down coming after you.

Cause Hes the same. Yesterday, Today, and Forever. He moved mountain after mountain so mommy and daddy could come for you.

And if there comes a day He ask you to do something big and you cant see the whole staircase dont worry Because He will carry you.

I know because Hes carried mommy to the top before too.

No comments: