Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am who HE says I am

I have been feeling much better the past few days. I actually got to go to the bible study The ladies from Georgia came to put on for us. I am so glad because I feel I was really meant to hear our lesson. I learned that I am not who other think I am. I am not who the enemy (the devil) tells me I am. I am not who I tell myself I am. So often We get caught up in all these things. The biggest thing for me was I AM NOT MY PAST!!! Praise the LORD don't We all need to hear that. Once We have asked forgiveness for our sins and God has forgiven us its time to stop carrying around the guilt of those past mistakes. I struggle with this daily but alot of it is because the devil uses our past to make us feel unworthy. Another thing that hit home for me is I am not my education. Over the past years I have had to listen to so many other peoples opinions about me not going to college. My highest level of education does not define me. The last one is My identity is not based on my family. To often We judge others because of what theyre family members have done or are doing. This is also wrong. We are not who our families are.I am who God made me to be. I wanna live my life to follow his will for me. I have already discovered that in my case this meant leaving comfortable. It meant leaving all I knew and moving 2400 miles away from all my family and friends. I know im not in foreign missions But never underestimate what God can do. He just may be preparing us to leave a lot more comfort than We ever imagined.  I can hold my head high and do what God has called me to do and not worry about who my family is,  If I went to college, or anything about my past Because I AM who God The Father says I am.

No comments: