When my family sits around the table for a meal we sort of do it buffet style, the food is on the table but we normally stand up and get whatever we want, we never were a pass the potatoes kind of family. Still to this day this is how we eat. I still remember the first time eating at my In Laws and the innocent laughter when I stood up and began filling my plate, they are a pass the potatoes kind of family. There is no right way to eat a meal thats not what this story is about, my point is no matter if we are neighbors or live worlds apart we are all different. The truth is most of our differences are as silly as standing up and helping yourself or asking someone to pass your favorite dish to you, yet we fight and bicker and of course assume our way is right. What do I think?? What do I think we should do?? I think we should love one another so much that we should admire our differences, we should rejoice in our individualities.
I worry way too much about being a "Perfect" mom. I stress over things all moms stress over when to potty train and where to send them to school, and its ok obviously I know that no ones perfect so why do we seek perfection?? Why do we assume that we wont be good enough or arent good enough?? When will it end?? The truth is I have no answer to these questions , maybe when its closer to time to bring Him home I will, or maybe I wont but it wont matter. It will be irrelevant whether we teach Connor to say please pass the potatoes or whether he helps himself, it just doesnt matter. What matters is that He knows that Jesus blood can cover any mistake He could ever make, That we make sure He understands that God love will never go away, or give up on Him. What matters is that We love him with everything we have and that with everything we do we point him towards Christ . That we love him for who he is not that we bury our heads in the sand and pretend were exactly the same, but that we see our differences and we rejoice and celebrate them. If we do all this those others things wont matter much and they will just kinda fall into place.
I remember looking up to women with children who have special needs, those who were a little different, but still amazing no less. I remember telling them on more than one occassion how they were specifically chosen to be their childs mother because God knew they had what it took. He knew they would be the "perfect " mom to their child. Now God has chosen me to parent a child that the world will say is far less than perfect, and the truth is im petrified. I worry, I stress, I am a thousand emotions, but what overwhelms me the most is knowing That God thinks I have what it takes. That The King of the Universe saw simple old me and said thats her, She is who I want to be Connors Mother. He sees so much more in me than I could ever see in myself and that overwhelms me.
2 comments:
Well said Stephanie!!
Just like there is no right or wrong way to eat, everyone has their own parenting style too. God will help you to learn all you need to know when the time comes. You are going to be a great mother!!I can't wait to be called LaLa!!
Post a Comment