Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Exactly how God intended....

   A few weeks ago I decided to take a day off. A monday to just hangout with Jeremy and relax (Jeremy is off on mondays.) I tried to get the 19th but too many people had already asked off so I said no problem (since we didnt have any plans, that was the point a day with no plans.) So I got the following Monday which was Monday the 26th. We slept in, went to China Wok, cashed our adoption grant check, then we went grocery shopping. I had told Jeremy that morning wouldnt it be great to get adoption news today, since we were actually together. We were in Walmart grocery shopping, my phone always connects to their wifi which no offense is slower than smoke and so I can do nothing on my phone. Anyway we were about to get into the checkout line when ding I heard the sound of a email come in, and my breath caught in my throat the way it does now when I hear that familiar sound since being on our adoption journey.  When I clicked on the email it of course wouldnt open or even show who it was from due to the slow wifi. I was super anxious hoping and sliently praying that it was from our agency. We checked out and headed to the car with our groceries. We were pulling out of the parking lot and I was continuously trying to open this email that was probably just spam. We pulled out of walmart and onto the highway when at last about 4 emails came in and one was indeed from our agency. I said to myself over and over please please let this be it. I barely remember reading the email what I do remember is turning and staring at Jeremy. He said what and I just smiled. I remember the words I think we might have just got article 5. Then it was all smiles and excitement. I emailed our social worker to make sure she was saying we had received article 5 and we were moving onto the next step. She confirmed and then it was shock, and excitement, but the emotion that I felt most was happiness and relief. See our next step is travel. 8-10 weeks and then the moment we have fought 20 months for. The moment we meet our son.  So I like to think that I was always meant to have Monday October 26th off. We were meant to be driving down the highway together just us when we got amazing news, and I cant help but remember how all the other BIG moments of our adoption played out and each one was different. They were all meant to play out exactly how God intended them to, and I wonder how will this next step play out. What are those special dates We'll be given. I believe they are going to play out exactly how God intended them to and I trust Him completely.

"I know Everyone means well, but Christmas may not be the dates God intended and we want the dates He has picked not dates that get him home for a holiday thats true purpose and value has seem to be forgotten. We will celebrate Jesus birth with Connor when He  comes home. We want him on the dates God intended not on December 25th."
                                                                                         ----Stephanie (Connors Mama)


The 8-10 week countdown offcially began Monday October 26th!

 I love you Connor and I cannot wait to wrap my arms around you!!!

1 comment:

jean wilcox said...

Awesome news!!!! So happy for you guys!!