Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Be a example, Be a friend. Be your best. Be a mama,.

 Sometimes our day stinks.

Whether its car trouble, sickness, a bad meeting at work, face it we could go on and on.  Life gets hectic and its hard. Wake up, shower and get dressed. Wake up kids feed them, get them dressed, pack lunches, and fly out the door. This is most of our morning routines and its overwhelming.

Then its off to work and when the work day is finally over its practice and supper and baths and bedtime. and them again the next day.

Throw a bad day in there and it leaves us frustrated and exhausted.

Today was a extremely long day for me. I was tired, stressed, and just completely overwhelmed.

By the time bedtime came for my little guy I was basically  dragging around the house silently hoping I could go to bed myself soon.

Every night we read a short story from a childrens bible story book, pray and then I lay Connor down for the night.

Tonight I collapsed into the rocking chair, mumbled through the story and thats when it happened.  Before I could began praying Connor folded his little hands and I smiled as  I folded mine and prayed.

Our prayer is a short song and simply says " Thank you Jesus for this day, for this day, for this day. Thank you Jesus for this day AAmen". ( To the tune of london bridge is falling down.)

I didnt come out of my sons bedroom with the same attitude I went in with. Was it still a bad day? Yes, but I am so thankful for it.

Thankful for a job to go to.

Thankful for a roof over my head ( and AC!!!)

Thankful for friends to vent to.

Thankful for food to pack those lunches.

Thankful for clothes to wear,

Thankful for a babysitter I can trust my son with.

Thankful for a reliable vehicle.

Thankful for this tiny boy to tuck in each night. Thankful that even though I feel overwhelmed and like im not doing a good enough job, When i always feel never quite good enough my son is learning to pray. Not by chance or all on his own,but because he has watched me. Because He knows that before every meal we thank God for our food, and every night we thank God for our day, even if it was a stinky one.

If your tired, frustrated, overwhelmed, feeling less than enough. Just keep trudging along because you never know when little eyes are looking up to you.

Be a example, Be a friend. Be your best. Be a mama.

1 comment:

laura said...

OH MY GOODNESS! YOU THINK I WOULD LEARN TO STOP READING THESE BLOGS AT WORK. I AM SITTING HERE CRYING LIKE A BABY. SO PROUD OF YOU!