It wasn't so long ago that I fought for you. Paperwork, questions, home visits, immigration, court, the list goes on and on. I fought for you. We saved, we fundraised, we did without, we fought for you.
And then you came and we thought the fight was over.
Just this week we had some things come up at the doctor and again I fought a battle.
Its a super long complicated story ( Connor fine no worries), but you needed medicine and I fought for you. ( You had your medicine and are now sleeping soundly in your bed.)
I won today, but I cant promise I'll always win.
But what I can promise is that I will fight for you.
The truth is the fight wont end.
For inclusion, for acceptance, for services, for citizenship, the list goes on and on
I will be there battling. I will be there holding your hand. I wont leave. I wont give up. I will fight for you no matter the outcome. I cant promise this life will be easy, but I can promise as long as im breathing you will have someone fighting for you.
Because you are worth every piece of paperwork, every meeting, every question, every hoop I need to jump through, you are worth the battle and I will fight for you.
And then you came and we thought the fight was over.
Just this week we had some things come up at the doctor and again I fought a battle.
Its a super long complicated story ( Connor fine no worries), but you needed medicine and I fought for you. ( You had your medicine and are now sleeping soundly in your bed.)
I won today, but I cant promise I'll always win.
But what I can promise is that I will fight for you.
The truth is the fight wont end.
For inclusion, for acceptance, for services, for citizenship, the list goes on and on
I will be there battling. I will be there holding your hand. I wont leave. I wont give up. I will fight for you no matter the outcome. I cant promise this life will be easy, but I can promise as long as im breathing you will have someone fighting for you.
Because you are worth every piece of paperwork, every meeting, every question, every hoop I need to jump through, you are worth the battle and I will fight for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment