With the bus crash in Chattanooga this evening I am finding myself pondering how I spend my days. I keep asking one question over and over
Did I love him enough today??
With the hustle and bustle of each day as i run around the house frantic to get out the door in time I scoop him up and change his diaper, brush his teeth, throw on his coat and hat and out the door we fly. Did I even stop and tell him good morning?? Then its off to work after 8 exhausting hours I head to pick him up and its out the door and back home. I throw down, lunch boxes, diaper bag, my purse and try to figure out what to do for dinner. Then its dinner and bathtime and next thing you know were brushing our teeth and off to bed we go. Did I play with him tonight?? Did I rush through bedtime prayers?? Did I even give a second glance when I tucked him in?? Did that goodnight kiss feel sincere??
Did I love him enough today??
Does he know that he means everything? Does he know that he is the reason I work so hard? Does he realize its all for him? Does he know that Mama is tired and stressed and more tired most days but she is trying?? Did I do enough today?
If tomorrow never comes would I be satisfied with the love he received from me today??
Because life is short, tragedies strike when we least expect them. Mamas around the World are holding their babies tight tonight with heavy hearts for those Mamas. Those Mamas who sent their babies off to school and never thought it would be the last time they saw those little smiles. Mamas who never expected their children would never get off the school bus. Mamas whose arms are empty. Mamas who were caught off guard.
Mamas who are asking themselves the same questions I am tonight
Did I love them enough today??
Does he know I love him with every fiber of my being and then I love him a little more?
Does he know no one has ever or will ever make me proud the way he does??
Does he know that I find new ways to love him everyday??
Did I love him enough today??










No comments:
Post a Comment