Some of you may not know, but we pursued a child before Connor. We saw his little face studied all his information and we wanted him to be our son. I knew his birthday, his birth weigh, and his likes and dislikes. We answered tons of questions and knew it was between us and another family we just knew we were his family. We were wrong. The other family was chosen and I grieved. I grieved hard. I was lost. My heart was broken. I was crushed.
But my story wasnt over yet. Because just when I least expected it. Love came.
But my story wasnt over yet. Because just when I least expected it. Love came.
I cant explain to you how I knew but when I looked at this sweet face I knew he was my son. I knew I was meant to be his mother. I knew why the other family had been picked for the previous child.
And suddenly all those years of struggling for a child. All those negative pregnancy test,. All those tears. All the heartbreak. None of it mattered because my story hadnt been over yet and even though at the time I couldnt see, Love was coming.
And even though this love is so unconditional and pure, it came with such a struggle and fight,. Adoption is not easy, attachment didnt come easy, but our story is still a incredible love story because out of the ashes came beauty.
So maybe your struggling. Maybe your fighting a fight and your tired and weary. Maybe the struggle seems too great. Maybe your ready to throw in the towel and give up. My words to you are dont! Your stories not over yet . Cling to Jesus, trust His plan, and keep running toward him.
What if we had given up after the first baby. What if we had chose to stop struggling and fighting and said no more. We would have missed out on the greatest love that was coming. Dont miss out on the beauty God has for your ashes.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:
Post a Comment