Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Overview

 Hey guys since I gave a overview of our year last year I kinda wanted to do the same this year. Its a great way to reflect on all that happen in a one year span and also a way to look back and see all Gods faithfulness. Once again it has been a incredible year for us!!


2017
  • January
In January we met with two new specialist for Connor. A ENT Dr Belmont and a PULMONOLOGIST Dr Kureshi. 

We learned that Connor had lots of fluid in his ears and its likely he had always heard like he was underwater. Poor baby! Due to 12 weeks of reacquiring ear infections we set a date for Connor to have tubes put in his ears. Connors ears also produce excessive wax, there is nothing that can be done and no way to clean them out except with a special tool at the ENT.  Dr Belmont will clean them out every three months when Connor goes for his visits. 

We also learned that Connor has scaring on his right lung. Due to this he will continue to see Dr Kureshi every 3 months, it is not a huge concern but is something we need to monitor closely. Connor was put on a steroid that he takes twice a day through his nebulizer in order to keep his lungs healthy.

We also celebrated Connor being home 1 year! TIME FLIES!!! 

We had a 12 month post placement visit with our adoption specialist from Bethany. Which  officially ended our adoption Journey!!! 


  • February 
On February 1st Connor had the surgery to put tubes in his ears. He did wonderful and was acting like nothing happen the very nice day. 

Connor had pink eye for the first time, which quickly went away with ear drops.

  • March
Connor was sick still quite a bit during March.  :(   Connor went to the ENT to have his tubes checked and for a hearing test. Connor didnt comply for the hearing test so we scheduled to have a sedated one so that we would have a acquirate reading on how he hears.

  • April
Connor began feeling better in April and enjoyed Easter and all the fun activities that come with it.


  • May
Connor had his ABR test. The Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) test is a helpful tool in determining a child's ability to hear. The test uses a special computer to measure the way the child'shearing nerve responds to different sounds.
Connor did great and his hearing is fine!!

  • June and July 
Connor enjoyed summer and all the fun activities.

  • August
Connor visited the eye doctor, Dr Gitschlag  in August and we learned that his eyes turn in because his eye muscles are too weak. We began patching his eyes in hopes to avoid surgery. 


  • September
Connor enjoyed his first trip to Dollywood. He had a wonderful time and laughed and smiled the whole day.


Connor turned 5 and we celebrated with a party at the Jumpin Shack with friends and family. We had a wonderful time but it was hard to believe my little guy was 5.

I accepted a new job and turned in my notice at Tri County Center. It was a very hard decision and took lots of prayer. 

  • October
Connor and I enjoyed fall break together and I started my new job!!

Connor went to the eye doctor and we learned that patching was helping but wasnt gonna work. So we scheduled surgery. 

  • November
November 7th my parents home was struck by straight line wind and a microburst during a storm. The home was completely destroyed, but thankfully my dad was not hurt. This was the first tragedy I have ever faced in my life and although Id give anything to take it all away, I will say it has helped me grow and taught me many lifes lessons. 

We celebrated Thanksgiving and were so thankful that Connor was not sick this year.

I also went to the dentist  and learned I have gum disease and significant bone loss. I have a long road ahead, but thankfully found a dentist who is gonna help me. 

  • December
Connor visited the ENT and his tubes were out. As long as he doesnt have a ear infection he wont have to get anymore. Finger crossed!!

I had a root canal and got a crown. I also scheduled more dental work for the new year. I have a very long road to go. 

We celebrated what I call our first good Christmas, due to Connor being so sick last Christmas on our first Christmas with him. Connor loved opening toys and it was a wonderful day celebrating with family.


Connor had Bilateral Strabismus Surgery ( eye surgery). It was a hard surgery for him, but he recovered quickly. He has had a follow up with Dr Gitschlag and everything looks the way it should and there are no signs of infection.


What a year we had. It was a bumpy road, but once again God has poured out his blessings on another year and has given us far more than we deserve. 2017 may have been a hard year, but God was still so so  good to us in 2017!!!


No comments: