Thursday, July 11, 2019

You can do Big things....

 Jeremy and I live far from a lavish lifestyle. We are simple folks. We dont have anything fancy. Most of my clothes are from goodwil and walmart. If I have anything name brand I promise someone else bought it for me. We live paycheck to paycheck. Im not saying this for pity, we have an incredible life. I say this to tell you....you can do big things.

   With God all things are possible right?? Most of us have heard it our entire lives, but do we really believe it?? We all know we can trust God, but do we really do it???


   I remember when God called us to move to Montana to do full time ministry. Ya'll we'd never even been there! Don't think for one second we were brave. I cannot tell you how many times I said "I can't do this!" But next thing ya know we were loading up a uhaul and making the 2,173 mile journey to a new life. It was a big thing!  So many times I thought what on earth are we doing. So many times I thought God how can this be your plan. We had such a good life in Montana. And then after 2 years God told us to come home. We should have been ecstatic, sometimes we were, sometimes we were weren't. One things for sure our hearts were absolutely  broken.


Again my heart cried God how can this be your plan. When we arrived home we really struggled, me more than Jeremy. See your mind thinks things will be the same, but after two years away nothing was the same. Life had went on without us and I struggled with my place here again. It was home, and yet it felt like the futherest thing from home. I struggled for a long time. I was in a dark place, super depressed, and always sad. 


Then after being home for 9 months God called us to do something big once again. We set out on our adoption journey. Another two year adventure ( 21 months to be exact) and we welcomed Connor Thaddeus Malone into our family. So many things made sense. My purpose was revealed in the darkest eyes and straight as a board  black hair. 


International Adoption was big! $20,000 we definitely didn't have. Once again we were far from brave. On the outside it looked like we had all the trust in God, but so many times we doubted His plan. We couldnt see how we could do something so big.    


Sometimes ( and definitely the case for us in these two instances) God doesn't show us the whole stair case. One reason is it would definitely scare us into not even taken that first step if we could see the entire way with the twist and turns and roadblocks. Also its because we can't make it to the top without Him. These two things I have no doubt could not have been done without a mighty God. 


So when I say I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me It certainly doesn't mean I can do them alone. I need Him. Only with Him with me and often carrying me did I make it to the top of the staircase of the big things He's called me to do. 


So yes you can do big things, but only with a Mighty God guiding you along the way. Sometimes only revealing a step at a time, to ensure you trust Him to help you to the top.  Hes ways are always higher and His plans are always good. He takes simple ordinary folks like me and you and does big things. Not because were anything great, but because He is great!


And oh when you get to the top of that staircase the beauty that awaits you will blow your mind.



No comments: