Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thumper....

Introducing.....Thumper!
     On black friday we were out shopping when we stopped in Rural King. We bought a few gifts for family members, and then headed by the rabbits, and baby chicks. We always take Connor by to see the animals. I spotted this little bunny that was all different colors, "Oh gosh Jeremy look how pretty that one is."  We then looked at the chicks and then headed on about our day. I laughed as we left saying " Get me out of here before I leave with a Rabbit." We laughed and then went on to brave Walmart. After Walmart we went home because we had bought groceries in Walmart also. If you've never bought groceries on black friday I recommend it because it was literally dead on the grocery side and you'll get to shop at ease, until check out time of course. Anyway when we got home and got everything carried in I began putting groceries away when Jeremy said he was gonna go back to Rural King when I asked why he said he saw something he wanted to get his brother. However when he got home he had that multi colored Bunny I loved. I was so surprised!
 Connor must have said "Hi" to him 50 times and we decided to name him Thumper cause what else do you name a rabbit.  Unbeknownst to me Jeremy had been researching having rabbits as pets while we were in Walmart, I was oblivious as I shopped till I dropped. What we found was Rabbits are really good pets. One reason is their Quiet. They are clean ( they clean themselves like a cat does.) They can be litterbox trained, they dont need walking. Of course all things come with Cons.  They are chewers. They can live 10-20 years! When not properly socialized they can scratch and bite. They are social and need lots of attention. They arent always the best pet for kids due to them being startled easily by loud noises and commotion. They poop 300 to 500 pellets a day!  Whew talk about responsibility!

Also theres the concerns about Connors respiratory issues. You can be allergic to Rabbits, You can be allergic to their hay, and bedding. We chose to take a chance. You never know until you try right?? So far everything has been great. Connor has had no reaction. He hasnt had the sniffles, running eyes, asthma or any other issues. We are not completely crazy and are obviously keeping a watchful eye, so far everything is great!

And when I say everythings great I mean really really great. Thumper though extremely timid at first ( as expected.) Now comes up to us to be petted. Allows us to hold him without much fuss. Jumps and runs and puts on quite a show for us.

Thumper has a cage he stays in when were not home and at night. When we are home and can supervise him hes free roaming ( he is doing great using the litterbox). He loves to be near us. Rabbits can be as social as dogs and cats, Obviously each Rabbit is different, but it seems we have a pretty loving dude already.

The best part is He LOVES Connor!

 The feeling is definitely mutual, Connor now spends alot of time hopping around pretending to be a rabbit. We remind him to be gentle, and he sneaks in pets as often as possible. Thumper is getting use to Connors rambunctiousness. They are the cutest together.


I never ever thought Id own a Rabbit, but I'm glad I do:)

No comments: