Thursday, November 2, 2023

God was Good the day my Dad died.

  If you read the title and are like what the what stick with me...

Jeremy works from home on Wednesdays every week. My dad died on a Tuesday. Jeremy had to switch his schedule around that week and you guessed it just so happen to be working from home that day.  God was merciful and oh so good to me. 

My father in law was working on our deck and my mother in law was at our house visiting the baby. I would have been home alone with two kids but that day  My house was full of people when I got that horrible call. My mother in law was able to drive me to the hosptial, while Jeremy kept the kids.   God was merciful and oh so good to me. 

One week before my dad died we welcomed a foster baby. She needed around the clock feeding and constant care. I was forced to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. I didnt have the option to give up or fall apart. She was mine and my mothers sunshine in the mist of our darkest storm. God was merciful and oh so good to me. 

I was already out of work due to the baby and didn't receive the call while I was at work. God was merciful and oh so good to me. 


My dad never gasped for breath or made a sound when he went. I know that may seem like a odd victory to some, but Him seemingly just drifting off to heaven is a blessing. God was merciful and oh so good to me. 


I had taken Connor to the store and spent intentional one on one time with him that morning. God was merciful and oh so good to me. 


When the doctor said "we did everything we could but unfortunately we couldn't bring him back." I remember my mom saying "So He died??"  We abruptly drifted into shock, which I see now was a blessing. God was merciful and oh so good to me. 

My Dad was a believer and loved the Lord, so we have no doubt where He is. GOD IS MERCIFUL AND OH SO GOOD TO ME. 


So yes God was good to me the day my Dad died. 


My dad use to always say "Half full" meaning his cup was half full not half empty. He told me one time that you have to make yourself see it that way. Life will always throw things at you to make you feel half empty, but you have to constantly choose to see half full. 

I think about the day He died often and when I do I think about all these things and realize my glass was definitely half full. 

Instead of thinking about how I cant fathom how im going to live the rest of my life without him. I have to make a conscious effort to remember  how lucky I was to have such a good dad. 



Half full.

God is merciful and oh so good to me.

 








No comments: