Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving is here and I am wondering where time has went.   21 weeks now!!! Times are still tough sometimes and we miss Montana so much, but God has blessed us hugely in Tennessee and we are thankful.  In years past I have always done a BIG what I'm thankful post, but this year I'm just gonna hit a few highlights. If I leave you out I am so sorry and please know that I am thankful for everyone of you God has placed in my life. I just don’t feel I need to ramble on and practically post the same thing each year. So go back in my older post if you would like to read them.  Ok here goes this years J
·         I am thankful that for the first time in two years I will be with my family for Thanksgiving.
I mean this in no way disrespectful to our Montana family. You all made our two Thanksgivings in Montana wonderful, but you always miss your family. I remember cooking a BIG community thanksgiving meal with Lee and Joy each year at Canyon Baptist Church. We always dreaded all that cooking, but ended up being so blessed by the fellowship with one another.  On Thanksgiving Day Jeremy and I were always overwhelmed by all the invitations we got from families welcoming us to come to their homes to have thanksgiving with their families. We were always so grateful, but each year we always ended up at Lee and Joys. I think during the holidays we gravitated to each other because we all felt the same. We understood the heartache and the sadness that came with Thanksgiving. We always talked about what and when our families got together and” what they are doing right now back home” and yes Joy and I almost always cried. The day was always filled with tears and laughter and although I am home this year and there should be no reason for tears my heart aches once again because although our hearts longed to be with our families doing “our traditions” without knowing we had made our own tradition and as crazy as it sounds we will miss it.  We are so thankful for Lee and Joy and everything they have done for us.

·         I am thankful for Hungry Horse, Montana. I cannot even begin without tears rolling down my face I cannot put into words what God did for me there. I grew so much and although im no where near where I need to be as far as a Christian woman but I am no where near who I was when we arrived in Hungry Horse. I grew so much there spiritually. I am so thankful for our time there and the opportunity to have called it home for two years.

·         Montana Family  I hope you know who you are  I am thankful for you! You were there every thanksgiving and Christmas making sure we didn't spend it alone. You were all the hugs I got on Mothers and Fathers day when all I wanted was to hug my Mom and Dad. You were the going away party we received. You were a mom who allowed me to babysit your baby girl.  You were those sobbed when we announced God was calling us back home. You were the reasons we laughed and smiled even though we missed our family. You invited us to your daughters 2nd birthday even though we had just arrived and didn’t know you or anyone else yet. You are the reason we had a place to live.  You made our lives better because you were there.  You loved us and welcomed us from the beginning. You are not one specific family, you are not just Canyon Baptist Church, You are everyone who encouraged us,  was there for us and loved us. You  are my Montana Family.

·         I am thankful that I have been blessed with Jeremy Lee Malone. He is my rock. I could talk from now until the end of time and never tell you all He means to me and all the times He has been there for me. After being hurt so many times I had built a wall and I didn’t let anyone in. One night I sobbed and asked God to send me a good man. When Jeremy came into my life I didn’t realize that He was the answer to my prayers. Finally the wall came down and I am thankful that God sent me a good man. I am thankful for my marriage and that I found my soul mate at 18. I am thankful that we have literally grown up together throughout our marriage. Has it been hard? Yes  Have we had rocky times? Yes Has every step been worth it? Yes  5 years later here we are happy and together.


·         I am thankful for babysitting. I love children and while im waiting for my own I see no reason not to love everyone elses J As a woman in this day and age I cannot even fathom trusting someone enough to leave your child with them while you work. I wanna be that peaceful feeling when your walking to your car and have just left your baby in my arms knowing that they will be protected and loved while your gone. I am thankful that Jeremy has a job that provides so I can do what I love. I have been blessed with 3 wonderful mothers who have chosen me to care for their children. I am thankful for Amanda, Mandi, and Jennifer. Thank you for your faith in me. I am thankful for Alaina, Emilyn, Alayah, and Jacob.
  Alaina and Emmy you were the first kids I ever babysat. I remember Alaina always wanted to play State Farm and would always try to get me to prop Emmys bottle up so I wouldn’t have to stop playing to feed her. Then when Alaina was in school and I just kept Emmy we loved Jeremys day off and always begged him to go to the playground at the park ( We usually got to J). So many precious memories with those girls.
  Alayah  I don’t even know where to start. You brought Jeremy and I so much joy. You were our first baby that if we had somewhere to go we just strapped you in the carseat and went. (thanks to your mom for not minding J) We watched you grow and  learn new things. I still remember the first time you stood up ( at our house). Then next thing we knew you were walking and then talking came. I still remember trying to get you to count and the first time you counted 123 with me. I was so proud that I had taught you something. I remember the one and only time Jeremy put you in time out and you had the pouty lip and tears pouring. I cannot put into words how much we love you. We miss you so much it hurts and cannot wait until we can come visit you.
   Jacob you are the first boy I ever kept. You have brought joy back to my life. I spent so much time sad and depressed missing Alayah and although you cant fill her void you have shown me its ok to love again. You are such a happy boy and I am thankful for every grin and laugh. I love that you crack up when I get on the threadmil and how you sing with me when I try to sing you to sleep. I love our AHHH conversations. I am thankful that I am getting to watch you grow and change. You have come so far from the tiny boy I held for the first time and I cannot wait for your  first steps and words and all the other milestones.

·         I am thankful for my friend Mandi. We may be far apart, but she is still the first person I go to when I have a problem. I know I can always count on her to tell me the truth  and be there for me. I hope that we do not let the distance make us grow apart. Thank you for always being there for me I am so thankful for you and miss you so much!

·         I am thankful for answered prayers. I keep a prayer journal and as I went back through the pages I was amazed at how God has worked everything out. So many of the prayers in that book have been answered. I prayed for a couple who longed for a baby and they are due next month. I prayed for a couple who were waited to being their boys they adopted home and they are home and rambunctious as ever J I prayed for another couple who wanted a family and after the family had suffered a tragedy I prayed and asked God for a miracle because they needed it then more than ever and I was amazed when God gave them 3 miracles. I am not bragging on myself, but on God and his goodness. I am thankful for that.

Ok so much for not making this long, but hey I have A LOT to be thankful for and this is no where near everything. I could never thank God enough for all he has done for me. We have a roof over our head, food to eat, a church family, and our families and we are thankful for it all. God has been so good  and we don’t deserve any of it.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Stay warm and safe.


No comments: