When we lived in Montana we rescued a dog from the animal shelter named Molly. She was the sweetest dog. She was gentle and yet very playful. What I loved the absolute most was her love for kids.
Or maybe She just tolerated them
Regardless I never had to worry because She was so sweet.
For almost two years Molly was my shadow. She was my girl. I remember sitting with her and crying because I missed my family or just had a bad day and she would snuggle up a little closer to me as if to say its all gonna be ok.
She was always there up for whatever and life was never dull or boring with her around.
Our plan was to take her with us to Tennessee, but in the end that didnt quite work out the way we had planned. We ended up giving her to our friends Big J and Cameron Downing. Which was a absolutely perfect home for her since they have 5 kids.
She hadnt lived with them but a few weeks when we went over and the kids had already taught Molly to roll over. My heart was sure that we had done the right thing although it was hard I know she was meant to be with them.
I visited in February (2014) and Molly was doing awesome it was so good to see her so happy and full of life.
We received a phone call today that Molly had passed away. Such a sad feeling came over us. Our hearts are broken for the Downing Family. We are hurting for them, for the kids, but we are also mourning the loss of a special someone who was once our shadow, who was once our girl, who was once our dog. Tonight our hearts are heavy as we remember what a special dog she was. We will never forget our time with sweet Molly.
Or maybe She just tolerated them
Regardless I never had to worry because She was so sweet.
For almost two years Molly was my shadow. She was my girl. I remember sitting with her and crying because I missed my family or just had a bad day and she would snuggle up a little closer to me as if to say its all gonna be ok.
Our plan was to take her with us to Tennessee, but in the end that didnt quite work out the way we had planned. We ended up giving her to our friends Big J and Cameron Downing. Which was a absolutely perfect home for her since they have 5 kids.
She hadnt lived with them but a few weeks when we went over and the kids had already taught Molly to roll over. My heart was sure that we had done the right thing although it was hard I know she was meant to be with them.
I visited in February (2014) and Molly was doing awesome it was so good to see her so happy and full of life.
We received a phone call today that Molly had passed away. Such a sad feeling came over us. Our hearts are broken for the Downing Family. We are hurting for them, for the kids, but we are also mourning the loss of a special someone who was once our shadow, who was once our girl, who was once our dog. Tonight our hearts are heavy as we remember what a special dog she was. We will never forget our time with sweet Molly.






No comments:
Post a Comment