So I asked for everyone to pray for a unspoken a couple weeks ago. I know that so many covered me in prayers and sure enough just a few days later I got the amazing news. I would be switching to day shift. Most everyone knows Jeremy got put on day shift a few months ago. So to be on the same shift is an amazing blessing. Our schedules were so opposite that we did not see one another. Long story short the opportunity for days was at my fingertips but was not up to me, so I asked for prayers and as always God answered.
With adoption you have to have a plan. Yep, We are still at least a year out from bringing our little man home ( we arent even matched with a little man yet) but still we have filled out tons of paperwork about our arrangements for him when we are working and what a typical day will be like for him. It is the strangest thing to type out step by step what my sons day will be like especially with so much unknown ahead, but you do what you gotta do and move forward. So with both of us working days we knew we would need a sitter ( I know what your thinking sure we are still so far away from bringing him home we will have plenty of time to plan and make arrangements for all that later. That is where the adoption twist comes in and where that statement is so wrong. We have to have a plan. We will need to give specific information about our child care arrangement. So I had not thought too much about it because I was still on a high from "OH MY IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING" when a friend of ours shared the news that she was looking to start babysitting. My heart literally skipped a beat. This Momma is gonna be picky I will go ahead and admit, not picky like no ones holding my son, but picky as far as leaving him in someone elses care I will background check you, I will facebook stalk you, and I have probably already looked at your instagram photos. I mean seriously you can trust no one now a days. So when this literally happened within days of finding out I would be starting days soon I knew it was a good thing. I mean we all go to church together and I feel comfortable. Which is HUGE!! God literally worked out every single detail. I am just overwhelmed at how He loves and works out everything in my life.
One thing that I am so excited about is being home as a family at night. I know that some moms will say I wouldnt mind not being there for the bedtime tantrums, or the bedtime stories that never end, but how would you feel if five nights a week you werent there. You got home after your little one was sound asleep and you missed out on it all. Thats why days is so important. Thats why I am so overwhelmed. Ill take the tantrums, and ill read story after story until He falls asleep. I have already missed so much and once hes home I wanna be the one tucking him in and snuggling up for nighttime cuddles after a long day. I cannot wait to come up with our own bedtime rituals, and I dont wanna miss a second.
With adoption you have to have a plan. Yep, We are still at least a year out from bringing our little man home ( we arent even matched with a little man yet) but still we have filled out tons of paperwork about our arrangements for him when we are working and what a typical day will be like for him. It is the strangest thing to type out step by step what my sons day will be like especially with so much unknown ahead, but you do what you gotta do and move forward. So with both of us working days we knew we would need a sitter ( I know what your thinking sure we are still so far away from bringing him home we will have plenty of time to plan and make arrangements for all that later. That is where the adoption twist comes in and where that statement is so wrong. We have to have a plan. We will need to give specific information about our child care arrangement. So I had not thought too much about it because I was still on a high from "OH MY IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING" when a friend of ours shared the news that she was looking to start babysitting. My heart literally skipped a beat. This Momma is gonna be picky I will go ahead and admit, not picky like no ones holding my son, but picky as far as leaving him in someone elses care I will background check you, I will facebook stalk you, and I have probably already looked at your instagram photos. I mean seriously you can trust no one now a days. So when this literally happened within days of finding out I would be starting days soon I knew it was a good thing. I mean we all go to church together and I feel comfortable. Which is HUGE!! God literally worked out every single detail. I am just overwhelmed at how He loves and works out everything in my life.
One thing that I am so excited about is being home as a family at night. I know that some moms will say I wouldnt mind not being there for the bedtime tantrums, or the bedtime stories that never end, but how would you feel if five nights a week you werent there. You got home after your little one was sound asleep and you missed out on it all. Thats why days is so important. Thats why I am so overwhelmed. Ill take the tantrums, and ill read story after story until He falls asleep. I have already missed so much and once hes home I wanna be the one tucking him in and snuggling up for nighttime cuddles after a long day. I cannot wait to come up with our own bedtime rituals, and I dont wanna miss a second.

No comments:
Post a Comment