Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A entry from my prayer Journal 24 months later is coming true!!!

                 I never told anyone this  but  when we lived in Montana I knew we were suppose to adopt. I felt it so strongly, I can't explain why, but I just knew. I kept a prayer journal and here is my entry from January 10th, 2013

Dear God,
 I come to you tonight more excited than ever about my future! I have had adoption on my mind lately. I always assumed Jeremy would be dead against it, so as I read The Power of a Praying Wife every night I pray for him. I secretly began praying that if adoption is something you might want us to do that you would open his heart to it. Tonight adoption got brought up and Jeremy said if we cant have our own we will definitely adopt. I was shocked and so was he when I suggested we adopt regardless of whether we can or cant have biological children.  He said we would pray about it and seek your direction. So here I am Lord. I pray that if you want us to adopt you will send us a clear sign that we absolutely cannot push away or shrug off. Make it clear to both of us. God you know my heart and I know you hear every prayer. I pray for a family. It truly doesnt matter to me whether biological or adopted. I know you have a plan. I pray for your guidance and direction and the financial side. I pray for us to have a clear mind and be wise in every decision. I pray God for our future children. If they are adopted I pray for their parents and those who will care for them. Lord if adoption is your plan for us I pray that we will choose the right agency.

It is so overwhelming to know that God was working on my heart 16 months before we ever started the adoption journey. To know that I prayed for so long and this is finally happening.

Not long after writing that prayer I would look at Reeces Rainbow all the time! The mission of Reece’s Rainbow is to advocate and find families for orphans with Down syndrome and other special needs by raising funds for adoption grants and promoting awareness through an online community, media communications, and other events.

I was drawn to the children with down syndrome and I talked to Jeremy about it often. However at the time He did not want to hear about it ( another story for another time haha). I find it so incredibly interesting to know that God was working on my heart way back then. 

   In case you havent heard we have answered the call God has placed on our lives to not only adopt, but to adopt a child with down syndrome. It will not be a easy road, but we know this is the road God has for us. 


So how amazing is our God that 24 months after I prayed that first prayer  Our paperwork is in Hong Kong and we will hopefully be matched with our son soon. Gods ways are perfect and I am so excited about this journey and although its unknown and completely scary I cannot wait to be a mother to my precious son who will happen to rock a extra chromosome. 

1 comment:

Musings of a Southern Woman said...

It is so neat to see how God's plan for us comes to pass. You and Jeremy will be blessing a child with the most basic of needs...love. I am so happy for the both of you, and Connor too.