Monday, November 2, 2015

Daddy finally speaks out....

Well I guess it's time to finally write my blog for Stephanie. How did I feel about our initial decision to adopt? I have to admit that I was scared, nervous. Don't get me wrong I love kids, but I've never really had to be responsible for one of my own. Being a father comes with a lot of responsibilities and sometimes I don't feel like I'm grown up enough to be a father. The more I think about it though, and what I thought when we finally decided to adopt, what is grown up? Is it giving up hanging out with friends, playing video games, dressing up like a superhero on Halloween, or just dressing up like a superhero in general? No. Being grown up is providing for your family and raising your children up in a household that provides love, nourishment, and a good foundation to build on in life. I've never been a father, but I've got a couple of good examples to mold being a father after. The first is my own father who I know loves me, and would do anything to make sure that I didn't do without anything. The second is Jesus, my Heavenly Father who gave himself to make sure that eternally I would never have to suffer or worry about what I have. Both fathers have always provided for me, loved me, and I'm taking care of all of my needs. Even though Connor may not be my blood son, he is no less my son then if I'd had one naturally, much like the kingdom of heaven that I've been adopted two through the blood of Jesus Christ. Even though I've made mistakes with both fathers, they never gave up on me and even though I know Connor will make mistakes, I'll never give up on him. So I'm not scared, because I know I have plenty of people around me that will help support me, and I know that Connor will have plenty of people around him to support him. So there it is, the blog written by Jeremy Malone.

No comments: