There are a million things I hope that Connor will know and be able to say about me, but if he remembers nothing else there are two things I want him to always know.
One of those is that Mama loves him. If Connors near me I steal hugs and kisses all day long, and I don't know that I have ever hugged or kissed him without accompanying it with a I love you. I want him to always know! I never ever want him to question if he is loved. I want him to feel my love in everything. For now it's those daily task like changing diapers, feeding him, giving him a bath, just everyday needs. Its hard sometimes with all the other everyday task but I try to take time daily to just play with him. Whether we build blocks, sing, or read I make sure I am down in the floor with him and that it's all about him. I want him to feel my love. I want him to know that it's there, forever.
The other thing I want Connor to be able to say is my Mama loves Jesus. I want him to know that Jesus has done so much for our family and we choose to follow him because he first chose us. I want him to know that God called us to adopt and led us straight to him. I want him to see me worship, I want him to see me live for Him. I want him to know that Mama loves Jesus.
If he can remember only these two things that would be OK, because they are what's most important.
Mama loves Jesus and Mama loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment