One year ago today our Dossier (paperwork, documents about us, to match us with a baby) were sent to Hong Kong. Our adoption journey was not always a easy one, however I just tucked my beautiful son in and so I can say without a doubt that Our God is faithful and his timing was perfect.
It was 21 LOOONNGGG months, and once we saw our babys face it was another year waiting to be able to go get him and bring him home.
God doesn't promise us a easy road in life, but He promises to always be there and He definitely was always with us.
From the first dime to expenses in Country we never had to worry. God provided every cent.
That's why it is so frustrating to hear people say they can't adopt because of the cost. That's why I want to shout to the world that we had no money saved, we started the journey with nothing, literally. Was it hard?? Absolutely! Yard sales, t-shirts, challenges, bake sales, etc etc. Fundraising is so tough and as much as folks were tired of hearing us ask/ beg for money trust me we were even more tired of asking.
It was some of the most trying times of my life, but then one day you get the call saying its time and you can book plane tickets, and your so happy your numb. Your adrenaline runs so high that you are just on a rush for days.
Then you walk through orphanage doors and there they are, I remember my breath catching in my throat and thinking this is my baby. Everything around me faded into the background and nothing else mattered.
Gods plan was so perfect and now I understand 100% why we struggled with infertility. Why we waited so long. It was all for this baby. Every tear, was not in vain because God had a awesome plan.
I don't go on and on about this because I am so proud of what we did, or because I want attention or praise. I do it because maybe you feel the call, but the financial side is stopping you. Maybe your too afraid of what others will say. Maybe you don't know what's stopping you. Maybe it's just fear in general. I want you to know the love I now feel. I want you to walk in a orphanage and have your child take your breath away. I do this because I want all those babies I come to know and love while in HK to find there Mama and Daddy. I do this for orphans everywhere who deserve more. I do this because I have been in your shoes, afraid of the unknowns. Not knowing how we would pay the next fee, hearing mean and hurtful comments from those we love most. I do this because I can help, because I can relate, because kids all over the World need my story to be their voice. I do this for them. I do this because its my calling.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
I do this.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment