Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Celebrate the goodness of your Savior

Connor, Today someone said something really dumb in front of you. While I know your too young to really understand everything I know that the day is coming when you will because unfortunately people dont always have a filter. We look different, I know you already know this, but what you dont yet understand is how that affects others. Some are intrigued, and some think its wrong. While I do not care about others opinions and am a adult and can take their crazy stares and comments my main worry is you. I desperately want to raise you to not let others words affect you, but the truth is they will. You will feel hurt, you will feel anger. No matter what dont let others words define you. Today I was asked if you were mine and I said yes. Because you are my son, you are mine. However I knew what the person really meant, and after my initial yes he is mine answer I eventually went on and explained that you are adopted. Not because I thought I had to because we do not have to explain how or why we are a family, but because I am proud of you. I am honored that God allowed us to adopt you. I am thrilled that although I did not give you life , you call me Mama. I love how God made us a family thats why I shared. However you never have to share. I want to raise you to always be polite and truthful and you can do that without answering entirely and yet not be lying. You dont have to tell anyone your story because its yours, however so many only ask out of interest they just ask all wrong because they dont know how to say what they mean.

 I hope that you will always love our families story as much as I do, but I hope you realize you do not have to share. I hope you will sometimes though because our story is Gods story and its so beautifully written by our creator.

Never let the worlds negativity take away the beauty of our story. Always respond the way that you want to. Be proud of who you are, where God gave you your start and where God is taking you. Celebrate your journey. Taste Gods goodness. Bask in the glory of your Savior.




No comments: