Tuesday, April 26, 2016

When clothes don't fit.....

   As i'm new to the whole motherhood thing I am in awe of how it all works and the oh so many emotions you experience that you thought were silly before or even thought you would never have.

      I have shared before about how I always thought it was completely pointless when Mamas cried over their babies getting shots. Yet there I stood at children's hospital letting the tears roll the day they drew Connors blood for the first time ( first time with us).  Its no longer pointless to me because I have been there and its all in a whole new light.

     I too have told my little guy to stop jumping on the couch and when he didnt said ok but dont come crying to me when you fall, and yet when I heard that dreaded thud and that shrill scream, I went flying to his side to scoop him off the floor ( pretty sure I did throw in a I told ya so but ) I held him close and told him everything was ok because Mama was there.

    Motherhood is the only thing that makes you tough on a whole new level and yet makes you the biggest pot of mush you have ever seen. Its this incredible thing that makes you wanna go the extra mile, but yet makes you so tired your certain you cant go another step. However the next day there you are doing it all over again. You love it, you wouldnt change it and you have the hardest time admitting it because you love being a mother so so much , but its tough. Its the hardest thing you'll ever do and yet the most rewarding. Its your most important job ever, raising a human being.

        A few days ago I pulled out a cute little outfit someone bought for us at our baby shower, It was a summer outfit and it was finally warm enough to wear. Only when I put it on my darling boy, it didnt fit It was too small. My heart sank. I seriously became so upset, my heart crumbled over those silly clothes that didnt fit.

    Honestly it wasn't about the clothes, it was more about this tiny boy becoming bigger. Growing is a good thing we all want our child to thrive, but why oh why do they have to so fast. Why cant we hit pause for a little longer, keep them small for more time.  Thats when it hit me Im that big pot of mush I thought I would never be. I am heart broken over this grey onesie with a dinosaur on it that my little guy will never wear.

   Any yet at that IEP meeting I was fierce. When that close friend made a offensive racial slur I spoke up. When I hear someone using misinformation about Down Syndrome I set them straight. I no longer just go along with whatever. I am tough on a whole new level.

Motherhood will change you in so many ways. You will be so much braver and tougher, but don't be surprised if you also cry over things like clothes that dont fit.


   

    

No comments: