In a crowded airport in Japan with my brand new son I sat as others rushed past hurrying to catch their flights. I was feeding Connor, Jeremy was in the bathroom and I was trying to get Connor feed before our next 11 hour flight. I was tired, I was anxious, I was a little overwhelmed. All the world was right, and thats when it happened Connor started to choke. Anyone who knows me knows I have a chocking phobia anyway so I am that crazy overly cautious person who gives ridiculously tiny bites, Connor also has some swallowing issues which makes me super cautious as well. I hit him on the back a few times to no avail. Thats when I began to panic a little. The next thing I knew I had him in my arms threw over one arm smacking him on the back and finally the food came up and he was fine. I held him cradled in my arms with one hand on the back of his head rocking as he cried a little. Besides being afraid he was fine. Thats the moment I realized I can do this. Was it tough?? Umm YES! it was terrifying!!! I wanted to find someone to help, but I am his Mom and it was my job to step up and do what needed to be done. Was I afraid?? You better believe it!! But I did what needed to be done. Did I need help? Technically no, but it would have been nice had one out of the 50 people near me at least asked if he was ok afterwards.
Thats when it sunk in sometimes your on your own. Others can see your battle, but they dont step in because their watching to see if you have what it takes to handle it. When your a mother, your watched constantly. Some want to see you fail, Some want to see you rise to the occasion.
Im not trying to brag on myself, honestly It was probably my fault Was I feeding him too fast? Did I mess up? Could I have prevented the whole event?? As a mom you will wonder these things often. You will always wonder if you are messing up. You will over analyze things. You will stress. You will worry.
So to all the Mamas out there here is my advice to you. Do your best. Know that its ok to struggle, its ok to be overwhelmed and it does not define you as a mother. It does not change your love for your little one. It doesnt change how much you love being a mother to feel and admit you feel these things.
Hard times will come and even if you have tons of friends and family to support you, sometimes you might be alone in a crowded airport and everything falls on your shoulders. So rise to the occasion and do your best.
Dont worry about what others think or will say. Just love your child so fiercely that you think you have nothing left to give and the next day I promise you will find yourself there doing it all over again. Its ok to not have all the answers, its ok to wonder if you are doing things right.
Find support! Never ever feel you have to do things alone. After our scary moment in the airport the minute Jeremy arrive back to my side I sobbed that Connor had just choke and handed him to Jeremy. He didnt need to do anything, or even say anything but I needed to talk, I needed to tell him. Find someone you can talk to. I promise you have family or friends who are willing to lend a ear or give you a break. Dont feel bad for needing that break, its not a break from being a mother, its just a minute to regroup and catch your breath.
And last but certainly not least my biggest piece of advice is Give it to the LORD. He entrusted you to raise a human being so lean on Him, your biggest fan. Let Him direct your paths. He knows what the future holds and he wants to be there. So allow Him to be. Pray and seek Him everyday! He is faithful and has your best interest at heart. Ask Him to help you to be a better Mother and He will.
Keep God number one, enjoy every moment , and love your child with all you have. Your doing a fantastic job and dont let anyone tell you any different,.
Happy Mothers Day from one tired, overwhelmed, stressed and yet overjoyed, content, and super blessed Mama to Another!!!!
Thats when it sunk in sometimes your on your own. Others can see your battle, but they dont step in because their watching to see if you have what it takes to handle it. When your a mother, your watched constantly. Some want to see you fail, Some want to see you rise to the occasion.
Im not trying to brag on myself, honestly It was probably my fault Was I feeding him too fast? Did I mess up? Could I have prevented the whole event?? As a mom you will wonder these things often. You will always wonder if you are messing up. You will over analyze things. You will stress. You will worry.
So to all the Mamas out there here is my advice to you. Do your best. Know that its ok to struggle, its ok to be overwhelmed and it does not define you as a mother. It does not change your love for your little one. It doesnt change how much you love being a mother to feel and admit you feel these things.
Hard times will come and even if you have tons of friends and family to support you, sometimes you might be alone in a crowded airport and everything falls on your shoulders. So rise to the occasion and do your best.
Dont worry about what others think or will say. Just love your child so fiercely that you think you have nothing left to give and the next day I promise you will find yourself there doing it all over again. Its ok to not have all the answers, its ok to wonder if you are doing things right.
Find support! Never ever feel you have to do things alone. After our scary moment in the airport the minute Jeremy arrive back to my side I sobbed that Connor had just choke and handed him to Jeremy. He didnt need to do anything, or even say anything but I needed to talk, I needed to tell him. Find someone you can talk to. I promise you have family or friends who are willing to lend a ear or give you a break. Dont feel bad for needing that break, its not a break from being a mother, its just a minute to regroup and catch your breath.
And last but certainly not least my biggest piece of advice is Give it to the LORD. He entrusted you to raise a human being so lean on Him, your biggest fan. Let Him direct your paths. He knows what the future holds and he wants to be there. So allow Him to be. Pray and seek Him everyday! He is faithful and has your best interest at heart. Ask Him to help you to be a better Mother and He will.
Keep God number one, enjoy every moment , and love your child with all you have. Your doing a fantastic job and dont let anyone tell you any different,.
Happy Mothers Day from one tired, overwhelmed, stressed and yet overjoyed, content, and super blessed Mama to Another!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment