One thing about change thats certain....its constant. We cannot stop it, we cannot change it. We simply are along for the ride in a sense.
This is hard as a parent. We bring home our sweet babies and we want them to stay that tiny forever. But they grow they change and we cannot do anything about it. We blink and they are grown. Some of our dear friends are getting ready to send their babies to college and my heart aches for them. Cause now that im a mother, I get it.
In March Connor started PreK. I barely held it together. Up to that point I had left him with no one. The first day Jeremy and I snuck out of the room and Connor played unknowingly and never realized we were gone. However day two did not go the same I took Connor by myself because day one went so well. He knew. He knew I was gonna leave him no matter how I tried to hide it or hang out and act like I was staying. Finally I could linger no longer and they pried my sweet boy off of my leg he was clinging to and I turned and walked away while he sobbed and reach for me. Needless to say I sobbed the entire way home and I worried the entire day ( ok he only stays three hours, but it felt like a entire day.) This went on for a few more days until one day He waved bye and went to play with the other kids. A change had occurred. Connor realized that we would come back for him and He realized that even if he cried he was still staying. This was my first battle as a mother. This was my first triumph. We did it!! I could drop him off with no tears ( from either of us.) And yet my little boy had changed and it was hard to let him go.
My biggest battle was when I returned to work about a month later. I can remember sitting in the bathroom at work sobbing thinking I couldnt make it. I couldnt do this. But here we are four months later and we all survived. Oh it was difficult for awhile, but we adjusted and we changed. I still get sad and I do not like being away from my little man for 8 hours a day, but its necessary. But I changed. I dont sob in the work bathroom anymore. I countdown to the weekend ( probably always will), but im ok unlike in the beginning.
Tomorrow Connor starts his 2nd year of preK and im nervous, but im not afraid like last year. Because I know he'll be fine and I will too. I know that whether he cries or runs off to play we will survive.
We change together and we grow together and as much as we may want things to stay the same they cant. Change is constant and we will just be along for the ride.\
Im thankful We have a God who NEVER changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!! In a world thats constantly changing What a promise we have in that!!
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
This is hard as a parent. We bring home our sweet babies and we want them to stay that tiny forever. But they grow they change and we cannot do anything about it. We blink and they are grown. Some of our dear friends are getting ready to send their babies to college and my heart aches for them. Cause now that im a mother, I get it.
In March Connor started PreK. I barely held it together. Up to that point I had left him with no one. The first day Jeremy and I snuck out of the room and Connor played unknowingly and never realized we were gone. However day two did not go the same I took Connor by myself because day one went so well. He knew. He knew I was gonna leave him no matter how I tried to hide it or hang out and act like I was staying. Finally I could linger no longer and they pried my sweet boy off of my leg he was clinging to and I turned and walked away while he sobbed and reach for me. Needless to say I sobbed the entire way home and I worried the entire day ( ok he only stays three hours, but it felt like a entire day.) This went on for a few more days until one day He waved bye and went to play with the other kids. A change had occurred. Connor realized that we would come back for him and He realized that even if he cried he was still staying. This was my first battle as a mother. This was my first triumph. We did it!! I could drop him off with no tears ( from either of us.) And yet my little boy had changed and it was hard to let him go.
My biggest battle was when I returned to work about a month later. I can remember sitting in the bathroom at work sobbing thinking I couldnt make it. I couldnt do this. But here we are four months later and we all survived. Oh it was difficult for awhile, but we adjusted and we changed. I still get sad and I do not like being away from my little man for 8 hours a day, but its necessary. But I changed. I dont sob in the work bathroom anymore. I countdown to the weekend ( probably always will), but im ok unlike in the beginning.
Tomorrow Connor starts his 2nd year of preK and im nervous, but im not afraid like last year. Because I know he'll be fine and I will too. I know that whether he cries or runs off to play we will survive.
We change together and we grow together and as much as we may want things to stay the same they cant. Change is constant and we will just be along for the ride.\
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

No comments:
Post a Comment