I still remember the day we left. I still remember how many emotions I felt. Excited, nervous,anxious, and about a million other emotions all at once.
January 8, 2015 We left to go meet and bring our son home. We left for Hong Kong. We left incomplete, and came back whole. We came back with a piece that for 21 months we worked hard for. The paperwork, the worry, the red tape, the stress. None of it mattered anymore because the moment we had dreamed about for so long would be coming true in a matter of days.
We took one last picture of us before we met the love of our life. One last photo before we even knew what unconditional love for a child meant. Before everything about us changed. Oh yes we thought we loved him then, we thought we were parents then, but we were about to look into those dark eyes and realize we didnt know the half of it.
We boarded the plane and had the longest flight ever! Three layovers and one flight was 16 hours on its own!!! But nothing could take away our excitement and joy. We were going to meet and bring home our son. Something we had worked so hard for for 21 months and it was finally time.
We finally arrived and as we rode in the taxi to our hotel I snapped this photo. It was so overwhelming to know I was within minutes of my son. I was so overwhelmed by Gods goodness.
January 8, 2015 We left to go meet and bring our son home. We left for Hong Kong. We left incomplete, and came back whole. We came back with a piece that for 21 months we worked hard for. The paperwork, the worry, the red tape, the stress. None of it mattered anymore because the moment we had dreamed about for so long would be coming true in a matter of days.
We boarded the plane and had the longest flight ever! Three layovers and one flight was 16 hours on its own!!! But nothing could take away our excitement and joy. We were going to meet and bring home our son. Something we had worked so hard for for 21 months and it was finally time.
We finally arrived and as we rode in the taxi to our hotel I snapped this photo. It was so overwhelming to know I was within minutes of my son. I was so overwhelmed by Gods goodness.
We arrived at our hotel exhausted. However it was so hard to sleep when it was day time at home. We spent the next two days resting, and sightseeing before the big day.
Look for another post soon about the big meeting with our sweet Connor.

No comments:
Post a Comment