Thursday, January 19, 2017

The night my mothers instincts kicked in....

It was black friday and Connor had been sick with a cold a little over a week. He had been to the dr on tuesday, but he wasnt improving. He wouldnt eat or drink and for the most part laid around lifeless. His fever was spiking randomly, he had horrible diarrhea, and he was just pitiful. After his appt tuesday he was put on antibiotics and I convinced myself things would get better soon, I had no idea that they would get far worse and not better, On friday November 28, 2016 I was working as usual when I had a urge to text my mom ( who was babysitting Connor for me while I worked) and check on him. When she told me he was just laying around and pretty lifeless. I knew something was very wrong. I called the on call doctor ( they were closed due to the holiday).  She asked me when was the last time he peed and thats when it hit me like a ton of bricks. His diaper that morning although filled with diarrhea had no pee in it. I was told he needed to be took to the Emergency Room IMMEDIATELY!! I called my supervisor and left work within minutes. My mom was gonna meet me with Connor at the ER so I raced home to get his SS Card and birth certificate ( I was panicking not sure why i thought I needed his birth certificate.)  During all this I of course had called Jeremy. When I got home as I got everything I needed, I remember sitting on the couch and telling Jeremy I think they will send us to childrens and I think somethings very wrong.

 How could I have known?? What made me say enoughs enough and call the doctor?? 

I remember the moment they said we are gonna call childrens and see what they recommend, but our reccomendation is that he  be transferred there by ambulance. 

I didnt fall apart, I didnt even cry. because somehow I knew.  God had prepared me. Im certainly not saying I have it all together or that I know it all, but somehow on that day God filled me in on what was to come. 

I watch my baby being strapped to a gurney, I walked behind him being wheeled to the ambulance clutching tight to his fire truck feetie pjs. And I was broken inside and yet somehow I remained strong. Because Gods strength is perfect when our strength is gone. My Rock had made me a rock.  And although it was horrifying I will never forget the night my mothers instincts kicked in. 

So you may think I am overly paranoid now. And honestly I would have to agree with you. We went from a stuffy nose and cough to pneumonia within 3 days, I watched my sweet boy become so weak and it happened so quickly. So yes we go to the doctor alot and now have two specialist we will probably have to see throughout his life. But no matter how silly you may think im being I will trust my instincts and maybe their not always right but they were right before and Im thankful I listened, 

Everyday is not a good day, but there is something good in every day.

No comments: