Connor, one year ago you were discharged from the orphanage and we officially began our life together as a family of three. This first year with you has truly flown by and I now know what parents mean when they say dont blink. You have taught me so much this past year and I am honored to be your mother!!
But what does it really mean to be your mother.
First off let me say its the greatest job I have ever had!!
But with it comes plenty of stress and worry.
IEP meetings, Dr appointments, specialist, Therapies, etc etc etc.
Then theres the hugs and kisses.
The sweet smiles and giggles.
The good far outweighs the bad.
Its hard, sometimes I struggle and its ok to admit that.
However I wouldnt change a thing.
Sometimes the world thinks I have it all together and sometimes all they see is the struggles.
But what the world doesnt always see is the endless joy.
You have a joy like no other.
Even though somethings are harder for you, you never let it stop you.
You are inspirational.
Not only do you possess so much joy, but you are able to make others feel joy just by being there.
The world can learn alot from you. You have so much to offer this cruel world.
Being your mother means love, happiness, and yet its messy and tough.
It means expecting the unexpected and rolling with the punches.
Its mean sometimes we take the scenic route and thats ok.
It means milestones might take a little longer to hit, but oh the dance party we have when you hit them.
It means stares and questions and thats ok. Because we get to educate others. We get to show that Down Syndrome is not scary.
It mean we get to share our story which means we get to share Gods story too. Because without Him our story wouldnt have happened.
It means explaining that we dont always have all the answers, but we can trust God and step out in faith regardless.
It means educating others about adoption, and how its possible for a child to be just as much yours as if they were biologically.
It means showing that adoption is possible regardless of your bank account.
It means embracing the babbles, even though we pray for words.
It means instead of me reading books to you, being hopeful that one day you'll read them to me.
It means having faith that one day together we can change the worlds mind about those with disabilities.
It means complicated, it means simple, it means tears, it means smiles, it means laughter, it means pain.
It means everything to me.
It means until there is no longer breath in my body I have the responsibility to love, protect, teach, and care for you. I dont take my job lightly and its not always easy. But you are worth every second.
If I havent told you lately you are loved beyond belief, you are the reason I keep going each day, you are the reason I smile, the reason I feel proud, the reason life is fun, the reason I get to see God on a daily basis, the reason I know He loves us so much, the reason I now know His plans are always for our good. The reason I believe all things really are possible with God. The reason my heart feels like its gonna overflow on a daily basis.
Thats what it mean to be your mother.
But what does it really mean to be your mother.
First off let me say its the greatest job I have ever had!!
But with it comes plenty of stress and worry.
IEP meetings, Dr appointments, specialist, Therapies, etc etc etc.
Then theres the hugs and kisses.
The sweet smiles and giggles.
The good far outweighs the bad.
Its hard, sometimes I struggle and its ok to admit that.
However I wouldnt change a thing.
Sometimes the world thinks I have it all together and sometimes all they see is the struggles.
But what the world doesnt always see is the endless joy.
You have a joy like no other.
Even though somethings are harder for you, you never let it stop you.
You are inspirational.
Not only do you possess so much joy, but you are able to make others feel joy just by being there.
The world can learn alot from you. You have so much to offer this cruel world.
Being your mother means love, happiness, and yet its messy and tough.
It means expecting the unexpected and rolling with the punches.
Its mean sometimes we take the scenic route and thats ok.
It means milestones might take a little longer to hit, but oh the dance party we have when you hit them.
It means stares and questions and thats ok. Because we get to educate others. We get to show that Down Syndrome is not scary.
It mean we get to share our story which means we get to share Gods story too. Because without Him our story wouldnt have happened.
It means explaining that we dont always have all the answers, but we can trust God and step out in faith regardless.
It means educating others about adoption, and how its possible for a child to be just as much yours as if they were biologically.
It means showing that adoption is possible regardless of your bank account.
It means embracing the babbles, even though we pray for words.
It means instead of me reading books to you, being hopeful that one day you'll read them to me.
It means having faith that one day together we can change the worlds mind about those with disabilities.
It means complicated, it means simple, it means tears, it means smiles, it means laughter, it means pain.
It means everything to me.
It means until there is no longer breath in my body I have the responsibility to love, protect, teach, and care for you. I dont take my job lightly and its not always easy. But you are worth every second.
If I havent told you lately you are loved beyond belief, you are the reason I keep going each day, you are the reason I smile, the reason I feel proud, the reason life is fun, the reason I get to see God on a daily basis, the reason I know He loves us so much, the reason I now know His plans are always for our good. The reason I believe all things really are possible with God. The reason my heart feels like its gonna overflow on a daily basis.
Thats what it mean to be your mother.









No comments:
Post a Comment