I remember saying those words like it was yesterday, " I am done with love!" After so much heartbreak and effort I was exhausted and completely finished with guys. Thats when it happened. I received a message that changed everything.
I called my best friend and said " Girl, you are never gonna believe who asked me out!!!" Who??? "Jeremy Malone!!" ( I grew up with Jeremy at church. I cant remember a time I didnt know him.) My friend begins laughing, then silence filled the phone. Oh my gosh did you say yes??? She said. I laughed and said "Yeah why not." After all what would one night hurt, seeing one movie.
But oh it turned out to be so much more and Ya'll I wasnt done with love after all.
Every wall I had put up he slowly broke each one down. It wasn't easy and yet loving him required no effort.
After only 8 months of dating on and off Jeremy asked me to be his wife. I said yes and 2 months later we said I do.
Life hasnt always been easy. Marriage is not all rainbows and sunshine, because in order to get the rainbow you gotta make it through the rain. As a couple we have weathered many storms and seen some incredible rainbows. This past year our lives drastically changed when we welcomed our sweet Connor Thaddeus into our lives.
Becoming parents wasn't easy for us. It may have very well been our biggest storm, but oh the rainbow we have now.
9 years have gone by so fast!! I am thankful for a hard working man who loves me unconditionally, who helps me raise a incredible son, stands with me through all the storms thrown our way, and has helped me build a unbelievably beautiful life.
I love you Jeremy!!! Thank you for choosing to spend forever with me!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment