Saturday, April 29, 2017

Why im a tough mom and why I feel its so important.

  I know what you say about me, and your absolutely right. Im a tough mom. Maybe you think im too strict. Maybe you think I should relax more or be easier.

And guess what maybe your right, but I dont think I expect too much. Because regardless of what some of the world may say my son is smart. Smart enough to be taught right from wrong. Smart enough to be expected to behave like a gentleman. And im not crazy I know he is 4, and I know that he is delayed to much younger than 4. However I believe he is smart, I believe he is  very capable of learning. How can I teach him if im busy thinking how cute he is. If im busy letting him slide by with behavior we wouldnt accept from any other child.

So yes maybe im too tough according to popular opinion, but its only because I am thinking of the future. I am thinking of the grown man he will become. The man who will be  bigger and more powerful than me.  If I dont teach him now what is and isnt ok then it will be too late. It will be too late when he is bigger than me. It will be too late when he is more powerful than his tiny 5 foot mom. So I am tough, but its all out of love. It doesnt come from a place of maliciousness. Its because I want that man who is gonna be bigger and more powerful than me to be a kind man. To be a man that I dont have to be afraid of.

So when you see me correct my child, or speak to him like he can understand please know that its because he can understand. Just because a child is primarily nonverbal does not mean they cannot understand when you speak to them. Trust me he knows. He comprehends.

And one day I hope that because I was a tough mom that I have a kind, compassionate, and gentle son who I look up to, most likely literally.


No comments: