Saturday, July 1, 2017

Everything I thought I knew Changed....

   I know what you think about Orphanages, I had always thought the same thing. That they were WAY overcrowded that the children weren't living  in the best conditions, that they didnt really know love.

And while let me say that is probably true about a majority of orphanages and dont get me wrong I am not speaking for all of them, but where Connor was was not like that. 

I remember the day I found out my sweet boy was living in a orphanage up until that point I thought he was still in foster care. I remember how  I sobbed until it literally hurt. I remember how I ached to get to him so I could show him what real love really was. So I could scoop him out of the horrible state he was in and show him what it was like to have a family, to have a home.

Then I arrived at Mothers Choice Orphanage and everything changed.  All those worries and fears were erased and I saw that my son had a family long before his daddy and I arrived. He was taken excellent care of, was given therapy daily, and was living at home, and  that sweet boy that I was so worried about knew love every single day of his life!

I cannot put into words what our time was like in the short week we spent with them at Mothers Choice, but I can tell you that it changed me. That I made lifelong friends and that my opinion of orphanages has changed. Because you should never judge a book by its cover. 

Here are some photos the workers gave to us from Connors time with them. You can see his happiness and you can feel the love. I am eternally grateful for each person who poured their love, time, and patience into my son. Without them I would be raising a entirely different boy today. His birth Mother gave him life, but they helped him live and I only hope that I can continue giving him as beautiful a life as they did. 

Chair that helped him learn to stand 
First time Standing



























Happy 2nd Birthday!




Learning to bare his weight on his arms






No comments: