Friday, July 7, 2017

Press Forward Anyway...

  This post goes out to anyone in a uncertain situation. Your scared, your uncertain, the odds probably seem stacked against you and you see no way to proceed ahead. Let me tell you I know, I get it. Maybe I dont get your specific situation, but I know what its like to feel all the things I just listed. And its hard, and scary, and overwhelming. I've been there.

   When we felt God calling us to adopt I saw no way that it was going to work. We had zero money saved. ZERO! We lived paycheck to paycheck. We couldnt see a light at the end of the tunnel. We couldnt see how it could possibly all work. International Adoption is so so so expensive!!! And on top of that everyone thought we were crazy! I mean EVERYONE!!! We had a few exceptions, but for the most part when we told people our happy news we were met with opinions, oh so many opinions.  "You should foster", "You know there are children here".  I could go on and on, but you get my point. It was not only difficult to hear but it was very very disappointing. The truth is we had awhile to digest it all. When we surrendered and said Ok God we have no idea how this is gonna work, but you know the plans you have for us and we will follow you the excitement begin to set in. After all the years of praying and tears we were gonna have a BABY!!! And when we told person after person and werent met with that same excitement it was devastating.  The point I am trying to make is. Its ok. Its ok if no one gets it. Its ok if you get a less than thrilled reaction to something you feel so passionately about. Press forward anyway.

Then Came the diagnosis. 

Down Syndrome???

What??

"Can you handle that??" "Why??"  " Are you sure about that?"  We heard all these statements and so much more. Trust me we get it!! We had asked ourselves all the same things. We were so unsure. We were filled with fear. We couldnt see what the future would look like and it was very scary. So if thats where you are today in your situation, Press forward anyway. 

The waiting.

" How much longer?' " What takes so long?" 

Trust me we waited 7 and 1/2 years before we even started the adoption process we wanted to know what took so long as well. Why did we have to wait so long. Why couldnt it come to us easily??

If your waiting on something you want so badly dont give up. When the end seems no where in sight press forward anyway.


Cause one day the fear will wash away, other opinions wont affect you anymore, the waiting will cease, and EVERYTHING WILL ALL MAKE SENSE!

Connors adoption cost $20,000 when it was time for each payment God provided to the penny. From the first piece of paperwork to meeting him face to face was exactly 21 months. It was a long wait, but Gods timing was so perfect. And guess what Down Syndrome isnt scary at all. Seriously its not. 

So If God is calling you to do something that seems oh so impossible...PRESS FORWARD ANYWAY. 



No comments: