Time to answer the million dollar question. Do you want to adopt another child/ will you adopt more??
You have no idea how often I am asked this and I totally understand why. I dont mind one bit answering this question or any question about our family, Connor, Adoption, or Down Syndrome. So please keep asking away:)
Do I want to adopt more?? Will We adopt more??
The answer to that question is simple and yet so complicated. I 100% want to adopt another child!!!! If it were up to me I would be elbow deep in paperwork, working vigorously to bring home our second child.
However at the same time the answer is also no.
This is confusing I know so let me explain. Adoption is hard, simple, frustrating, happy, heartbreaking, and yet so joyous. So I will not enter into it lightly as we didnt with Connors Adoption. It should be entered into with much prayer and decisiveness.
This is exactly why my answer is no and yet 1000 times over yes.
I want want want to adopt another child like yesterday. However I know this is my answer not Gods. I do not feel God calling us to do so at this time and so this is where my answer no comes in.
We could enter into the adoption process, we could bring home another child. We could love them with a love so fierce just as we do Connor. After all its Gods plan for all Orphans to find a home right??
And your right and yet still I would say no until I hear Gods voice. But how Can Gods voice not be saying yes and that my friends is where it gets oh so tricky.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
You have no idea how often I am asked this and I totally understand why. I dont mind one bit answering this question or any question about our family, Connor, Adoption, or Down Syndrome. So please keep asking away:)
Do I want to adopt more?? Will We adopt more??
The answer to that question is simple and yet so complicated. I 100% want to adopt another child!!!! If it were up to me I would be elbow deep in paperwork, working vigorously to bring home our second child.
However at the same time the answer is also no.
This is confusing I know so let me explain. Adoption is hard, simple, frustrating, happy, heartbreaking, and yet so joyous. So I will not enter into it lightly as we didnt with Connors Adoption. It should be entered into with much prayer and decisiveness.
This is exactly why my answer is no and yet 1000 times over yes.
I want want want to adopt another child like yesterday. However I know this is my answer not Gods. I do not feel God calling us to do so at this time and so this is where my answer no comes in.
We could enter into the adoption process, we could bring home another child. We could love them with a love so fierce just as we do Connor. After all its Gods plan for all Orphans to find a home right??
And your right and yet still I would say no until I hear Gods voice. But how Can Gods voice not be saying yes and that my friends is where it gets oh so tricky.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
There we have it.
What if we enter into the adoption process without a clear yes from God. What if we bring home a beautiful soul that needed a family. Would they have a good life? Yes. Would they be loved beyond belief?? Yes. Would we be a happy family of four? Yes. I see where you could say well whats the hold up then?? And the hold up is one more question the sums it all up and goes right along with Jeremiah 29:11
What if we take someone elses Connor???
If we adopt another child without a clear yes from God. If we move forward without hearing his voice we might be changing his plan for that child. We might be taking someone elses Connor.
I can promise you from our ENTIRE family we do not want to even think about what life would be like without Connor. I remember well how it felt to have empty arms after 7 years of praying for a child. So I cannot fathom the thought of being the reason someone elses arms are still empty. If God has a plan for each child and we interfere with that plan we would be taking a child from another family. We would be taking another families endless joy. He or She I have no doubt would fit perfectly in our family photos but maybe we would be taking a precious face right out of someone elses family photo.
So this is why my answer is no. Maybe its not a definite no, maybe its a not right now. Only God knows the answer to that. But one things for sure I will not take someone elses joy away. I will not void their family photos of a very important member. I will not take someone elses Connor.
Stand Still and let God move.
We are listening and waiting for Gods Jeremiah 29:11 for us.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:
Post a Comment