Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Happy Adoption Day, Connor!!!

One year ago we stood before a judge with our right hands in the air and promised to Love, Protect, and provide for you forever. You were then declared Connor Thaddeus Malone. No one will know the depth of what that day meant to your daddy and I. No one, unless a adoptive parent their selves, will know that moment was equivalent to the birth of a biological child. That moment when you hear its a boy, or girl, that moment they lay this beautiful soul on your chest and you cant believe your eyes and you wonder what you ever did to deserve this one so small. All the worry and stress leaves and you are left staring at someone who is all yours. Someone you love with a unbelievably powerful love.

This photo was snapped just minutes after that life changing moment. I remember getting ready that morning as you played in the floor oblivious to the life changing day this would be. I remember being filled with nerves and yet I felt that this was a day I had waited for my entire life. I felt many emotions, but what I felt above all else was ready.

I was ready to change your last name to ours.
I was ready to make a promise I knew I could always keep.
I was ready to finally, after six months of hiding you, to show your sweet face to the world.
I was ready to announce that you were legally our son.
I was ready to never have to worry again about you being taken from us.
I was ready, after 8 years of praying and waiting to see my name listed under mother on a birth certificate.
I felt so many emotions standing before the judge that day, but I was ready.

Happy Adoption Day, Connor!!!!


No comments: