What was suppose to be a normal T&A recovery went horribly wrong because unfortunately nothing comes easy for Connor.
Oh Yes I heard it all " It will be fine" " He'll be up and playing in no time" " He will act like nothing ever happen."
I wanted to believe all these kind, well meaning words, but still I couldnt shake this feeling and I was nervous beyond belief. Connors had other surgeries, but I was more nervous than I was with any of the others. Maybe it was somehow my instincts that knew something bad was just around the corner. That what should be no big deal is always a different story for my little love. Looking back at how our nightmare played out Im in awe of the instincts God places in us mothers. I am in no way bragging on myself, but instead Ill brag in my savior who births in us this protective and knowing intuition the moment our babies are placed in our arms. To save time Im going to share the story of what all happen from Connors facebook page. Ill provide the link in blue so that you can follow his page on facebook to get more frequent updates. ( fb.me/Resilientconnor).
To catch everyone up Connor had a T&A (Tonsils and adenoids removed) on Wednesday May 9th. Dr Belmont felt we should stay overnight to be observed. Surgery went perfect and all was well! During the night Connors oxygen went too low and he needed oxygen when he slept. So they decided to let us go home with home health providing oxygen that he would wear at night. The thought process was that his pain meds we’re making him relax and his oxygen drop. So we went home and all was well until his monitor kept going off that his oxygen was too low. But before I could even get out of bed it would go back up (I had a monitor in my room so I could see it). So id lay back down and I’m a few minutes again and again until it went off and I looked to see his heart rate had spiked and was steadily climbing so I went and got him up to find him burning up, I mean HOT! Checked his temp 103.9!!!! Called dr on call and he said get to the emergency room. Verdict is pneumonia. Which did you know is the most common illness to develop after a surgery??? Cause I didn’t. 🤷🏻♀️ So we were admitted and that’s brings you up to today. Day 4 after surgery and yet here we sit still in the hospital. Y’all knew we couldn’t have a simple T&A right 😬. All joking aside please continue to pray for my guy. He gave us all quiet a scare, we were met with 6 nurses and a dr rushing at us when we got in the ER. My always resilient and brave boy is really down and out right now and although it doesn’t seem promising we’re praying we can bust out of here soon!!!
Connor is all about routine and when theres a big change( like a hospital stay) he flips out. I have never seen Connor so depressed and mad. I have never seen him scream and cry the way I have the last few days. He will punch the bed, I have never ever seen him punch.. He screams and cries when a nurse or doctor walks in the room. He is distraught basically 24/7 even with pain meds, fluids, steriods, and antibotics in his system. He will not let anyone touch him without him crying, even me. However yesterday he reach for me. So i climbed up in the bed and held him like a baby while I rocked and as I began to sing the words that came flowing were exactly what we both needed to hear and we both cried. We cried because we wanna go home, We cried because were scared. We cried because this wasnt suppose to happen he was suppose to be practically back to himself now 4 days after surgery. We cried because were overwhelmed, frustrated, and VERY overly tired. But that moment reminded me that Gods still good even when our life seems to be falling apart. That hes our anchor when the storm is raging. That his love surrounds us during the bad times as well as the good. Im certain these words will always take me back to that day in room 329 even when this nightmare is nothing but a distant memory and I hope they help me to remember that His love surrounds me ALWAYS.

No comments:
Post a Comment