Friday, November 18, 2011

God finds ways to speak to us Are We listening??

Well lately with the holidays coming up I have been having a hard time missing family and having to deal with the fact that we will be spending our first Thanksgiving and Christmas apart. Well today I was cleaning our bedroom when I found a whole cd holder of cds in those cds i found one that simply said Morning Service 4-25-10 So I put it in the cd player and sat down and It was Derek McCosh preaching. The sermon was for me about Abraham Leaving his family to follow God. Abraham chose to follow God and showed remarkable faith. I am amazed at how God speaks to us We serve a Awesome God!!!! Jesus often times ask us to do outragous things. God is calling everyone of us! Are you listening??

Here are some notes I took from that Sermon 
4 Faith Factors Sermon from 4-25-10
1. Our faith becomes a factor when we realize God calls us
The Lord said to Abraham leave your family and leave your country. Abraham was about 75 years old. Abraham chose to follow God and showed remarkable faith. Jesus is calling everyone of us, are we listening?
2.Our faith becomes a factor when we realize God has a plan to bless those who he calls.
6Promises God made to Abraham
1.will make you a great nation.
Abraham was 75 and didn’t even have a child yet but he believed God. It pays to believe God!
2. I will give you the land to you and your decendants forever.
3.I’ll bless you.
When you know God your blessed!!
4.I will make your name great.
5.You will be a blessing to those who bless you and a curse to those who curse you.
6. In you all the families of the earth will be blessed.
God had a plan for Abraham. God has a plan for you.
3. Our faith becomes a factor when we receive Gods Reassurance.
4. Our faith becomes a factor when we revere Gods soverinty and Worship him.

You cannot help but worship God when you are following him in faith. Abraham built a alter and worshipped God. When God called Abraham in genesis 15:6 Abraham believed in the Lord and The Lord accounted it for righteousness.


No comments: