Thursday, January 17, 2013

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

                 Our God is so faithful and good!!!!! As most everyone knows I have always wanted to work with children and had a interest in puppets and blacklights. This summer God gave me a vision and told me I was suppose to start a puppet ministry on Wednesday nights at Beyond Borders For Christ. After lots of prayers and generous donations that dream came true in November (2012). I had so many plans and goals for this ministry, but I also had my wednesday night class (3 and under). I thought maybe I can juggle both, I  mean God obviously wanted me to start the puppet ministry so He must want me to do both. It was not long at all before I was overwhelmed. I tried to study and get things together for both the puppets and my class, but it seems like one always triumphed the other, making the other suffer. I knew I could not and would not let my babies suffer. So Puppets got put on a back burner. Please do not get me wrong I have an amazing group who does puppets for me, but without me being much help it always seemed like I was bossing them around. I couldn't even help by being one of the puppets because I had to watch my class during the puppet show. Jeremy was awesome and helped me out so much, but this was not his ministry. I was getting more stressed every wednesday.
            So I began to pray that God would send someone to take over the puppet ministry. Yep, thats what God wanted me to do after all I couldn't give up my class those were my babies!! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually prayed this way for several weeks. Until finally God said No, I want you to do the puppets. I gave you this vision and you are the one I want to lead it. I didn't understand. Didn't God see that I was overwhelmed. How could I possibly do both?! The answer caught me by surprise when God whispered You can't.
            I was so confused. I had no idea what God wanted me to do. I kept praying, but God was silent. Finally I realized God wanted me to focus on the puppet ministry, which meant giving up my class. My heart broke. After weeks of praying, I finally began to tell friends to be praying someone would step up to take my class. I realized I was being selfish ,and that it had kept me from seeing the truth  for all those months. This was Gods answer, this was His plan all along. So the praying continued, and the more I prayed the more God gave me peace about it. It wasn't because I thought I was the worlds best teacher, or because I thought someone else couldn't be just as affective. It was because I love them. Which means doing whats best for them. All the younger kids are crazy about the puppet ministry. So I have no doubt that me having more time to invest in it would be better for them. So now that I had the right attitude and heart, the praying continued.
              Last week I had 8 kids in my class!! ( 6 three year olds, and 2 one year olds). It was evident to everyone that my class needed more helpers. So We announced it sunday morning that if anyone would like to I could definitely use the help on wednesday nights. Diane goes to our church, and is very involved. She works in the library on wednesdays ( before Beyond Borders starts the library is open for the kids to check out books) She told me she would start staying and helping me in my class. Last night was her first night to come help in my class. As The kids were eating I began to share about the class and the puppets and how i just keep praying for a teacher. I spilled my heart out right there about how no matter what the kids cannot suffer.
              I am completely overwhelmed with joy and appreciation, I can now focus on the puppet ministry because God answered my prayers! Diane is now the teacher for the 3 and under class!! Of course I will be her helper, but I will not have to study or prepare a lesson weekly so my focus is on the puppet ministry. I cannot wait to see all the growth that will come from this. I truly feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders after carrying it around for months. I could never tell Diane  how thankful I am for her willingness to work. I know she will never regret it. The kids will melt her heart just as they did mine.
              Sometimes We pray and pray and see no results, and even though We know God hears our prayers we get discouraged. I hope this is a testimony to how good and faithful our God is.  May We never forget that God hears every prayer we pray, even if the word won't come He knows our heart. Gods timing is perfect!!!!
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3


No comments: