Thursday, January 3, 2013

Something Meaningful

         Well as I told everyone a long time ago this blog is completely personal, honest, and real. So I must tell you about my Christmas present to myself. . Ok here goes I received some Christmas money from a friend and the card said use this for fun. I can tell you that Jeremy and I stick to our word and if you tell us to spend the money you give on the ministries we do, we will. If you do not specify the money probably went to bills, groceries, and our needs like that. So anyway hmm what would I wanna do with fun money. So I begin to ponder it and think about it. Then it hit me. Something I have always wanted.  A Tattoo!!  So I knew I wanted something with meaning. So I spent time just thinking Ill admit long ago I wanted a tattoo and I wanted a heart, or butterfly and please do not take me wrong either of those tattoos are fine, but I really really wanted something that had great meaning to me and neither of those do.  So the thinking continued.
     Finally I decided I wanted it for sure on my left wrist. If it has purpose and meaning why would I get it somewhere it gets hid all the time that was my thinking. So now I knew where so the thinking continued on what, and then it hit me.I wanted the Jesus Fish!!
          What does the Jesus Fish symbol mean??

The Greek word for fish is "ixthus" or "icthus." Five Greek letters form the word “ixthus,” and those letters inside the fish form an acrostic which is a message that Christians clearly identified with. The first letter represented the word Jesus. The second letter represented the word Christ, the next two, God Son, and the final letter represented the word Savior. This adds up to “Jesus Christ is God’s Son, the Savior.”

During the early days of Christianity, Christians were often put to death for practicing their faith, so they worshiped in secret places. A fish painted on the outside door of a house let other Christians know that they would be safe and welcome inside. The Christian fish symbol is now often used to identify Christians and/or Christian businesses.

 Galatians 6:9 is a verse with great meaning to me. It has helped me not once or twice but numerous times since being in Montana. I am not ashamed to admit there have been times this verse has kept me from packing my bags and heading home. It has given me hope and assurance that I cannot give up.When times get hard I recite that verse in my head and my whole attitude changes. That verse has great purpose and meaning to me. So It was decided.

This was my idea of what I wanted.  It would be right there all the time as a constant reminder not to give up.

 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9





     Once I was 100% sure I made my appointment. When I met the guy I told him this was my idea, but I was open to change but I knew I wanted the verse for sure. His suggestion was not to put Galatians inside because it would be too tight and you couldnt read it well, or We could put it inside but He would have to make the Tattoo alot bigger.
So here is what I decided.......
     Let me assure everyone this is not something I was talked into. Its not something I did to prove anything to anyone. I got the tattoo because I wanted it. I put alot of time and thought into what to get. It was not a decision I took lightly.

           To answer the question Yes it hurt very badly, but I feel it was very worth it. I absolutely love it!!! 

                        I know I did not have to share and i'm sure some of you would have just assumed I didnt, but I felt that I have always been proud of the fact that I keep this blog personal and honest. So I felt I should share.
                                                                                                                                                                                  



No comments: