Saturday, January 12, 2013

Portion Control

              Ok so A HUGE part of mine and Jeremys weight loss is portion control. Of course eating healthier and exercise are too. Portion Control is so hard. Ill admit it is my weakness when food is good I cant help but sneak seconds. So Of course alot of rising above this is self control, and cooking less. It all depends on how much you want it and how much you will give up.
            Chicken Casserole is my favorite thing ever!!!!!!!!!! We always have mashed potatoes and green beans with it. We have not had this meal in along time so I decided it was time to treat ourselves, but how was I going to keep us from going back and getting more and more??!! The answer was simple. I made us each a portion of chicken casserole and that way there was no chance of us sneaking seconds BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ANY!!!!! HAHA

We each got our own little chicken casserole (Which I realize is too big of a portion, but Rome wasn't built in a day). These two Casseroles only took 1 piece of boneless chicken, 1 8oz can of cream of chicken soup, 3 tbsp of sour cream, and one package of ritz crackers.
Here they are finished. I must say they were so yummy I would have not been able to resist seconds maybe not even thirds!!!
We had the dinner We love, and although We did overeat. We did not eat near what We would have if I had made a regular size chicken casserole. Just wanted to share this so everyone knows We are not super heros who can do this on will power alone. It is a daily struggle this is just one trick I found that really works and is better on the budget too. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO PROUD OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. TIME FOR A UPDATE ON HOW MANY POUNDS YOU ALL HAVE LOST!!