8 more weeks!!!! It is becoming more and more real that in only 8 short weeks we will load all our things in a u-haul and drive away. We will leave friends we cherish and a life we love. All for Christ. No sacrifice is too big considering your doing it for a man who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I am sad. I am overwhelmed. I am anxious. I am worried. But I trust God and His plan for my life. I have peace because I know He holds my future and He will work it out for my good.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
Lately I have been working on letting go and easing into the background. On wednesdays my jobs were to teach the 3 and under class and get everything together for the puppet shows. A few months ago my friend Diane took over the 3 and under class for me so that I could put 100% of my focus on the puppet ministry. Through a conversation a few weeks later a friend of mine Christi said she would like to take over the puppets when I leave. So I begin to help her and show her what I do and next thing I know I am slowly easing into the background. Please don't take this post wrong I am not whining or saying poor me everyones taking my jobs. I am praising God for laborers!!
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
I am so thankful for both of those ladies and their willingness to serve. Because of them I get to go in each wednesday and enjoy the kids. I still help cook the meal and clean afterwards so dont think im somewhere with my feet propped up, but I am watching as others take over jobs I started. As a missionary this is what you work for. In hopes of one day slowing easing into the background and watching things go on and function whether your there or not. Because reality is that in 8 more weeks I wont be there, but something I started will and it will go on and grow long after im gone. Not because i'm awesome, but because God is. Not because I was a good teacher, but because God helped me each week. Not because I had a great idea one day and came up with the puppet ministry, but because God gave me a vision one day for the puppet ministry. Not because I woke up one morning and wanted to come to Hungry Horse, Montana, but because God put a desire in my heart for Hungry Horse, Montana. And now God has put a desire in my heart for TN. Not because my family is there although thats great, but because God has a purpose for us there. God is allowing me to slowly ease into the background not to make me feel unneeded, but to give me peace and allow me to see that life will go on in Hungry Horse, Montana and although it will hurt and hearts will ache we will all be just fine because we wont be alone, and there is no greater peace than that.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go Joshua 1:9
1 comment:
I've never been a missionary so I don't know what this is like, but what I do know is that you and Jeremy have been a vital part of what's happening here in the canyon. Psalm 127:1 says that unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. You can leave knowing that you did not labor in vain, because the Lord is building this house. We have seen the fruit of that especially in the last 2 months at the youth group. So you guys can leave here in peace knowing that you did the Lords will and contributed to something greater than all of us. That is something to be proud of, and now that you have graduated from this season, the Lord is going to use everything you learned here for your next ministry. It's amazing how the Lord works, isn't it?
Well, we'll sure miss you guys here but as brothers and sisters in Christ goodbyes are only ever a temporary affair. The great and living hope that we have in Christ means that we must labor for things of eternal significance, sacrificing what we have to gain Christ and share His life and love with a lost and dying world.
Post a Comment