Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hand in Hand

        Have you every saw God work things out so perfectly in your life and felt everything was going hand in hand with the other? You felt as though you could literally see Him working all things out for your good like He promises He will in Romans 8:28.   That's how I have felt these last few months.

     Most of you all know that our child will have special needs. We won't know exactly what they are, until we are matched with our child. Everyone thinks we are saints for this and wants to praise us and say how they couldn't do it or tell us how awesome  and brave we are.  The truth is we aren't any of those things.  We are fearful, and nervous. We feel unprepared and alone. We worry that we dont have what it takes. As human we wonder why God has called us to this certain task when we feel so unqualified.  The old saying remains true....

   I saw a job in the paper on the very beginning of October. I went in and applied and got the job. I was excited for a new opportunity and to be honest the chance to better our family financially. I had no idea it would be one of those hand in hand moments.  My job has taught me a million things already in the short three months I have been there, and although I have millions more things to learn it has helped me feel more ready. It has helped me take a deep breath and whisper 2 Timothy 1:7 on those days when I feel scared and unqualified. On those days when I wonder if I have what it takes to parent a child with special needs.

  When I walked into Tri County Center on October 6th 2014 God smiled down knowing that He was working all things out for my good and knowing that I still had no idea yet.  He knew I would find out my strengths and weaknesses and He knew that my heart would change and I would grow into the woman He always knew I could be. The woman who would eventually be a mother to a child She never believed she could be a good mother too. God smiled because He knew I could.







***( I want to add that I work with adults not children but Connor will be a adult one day too and thats what I mean, This post was not meant to offend or upset anyone in anyway.)

No comments: