Saturday, July 18, 2015

Breaking my silence....

I know this post will raise alot of eyebrows and possibly cause some ruffled feathers however that is not my intent at all. See for the most part I keep my opinions to myself and the reason for that is so not to cause unneeded drama, hurt feelings, and most importantly to avoid confrontation. Because of this you wont see many of my opinions on facebook. However Im breaking my silence....


        The tragedy that happened this week in Chattanooga Tennessee is heartbreaking. When I got the news I was shaken and my heart crumbled for those who lost loved ones over something so senseless and  mind boggling. ( If you have no idea what im talking about, feel free to google.)


In the mist of this we are all broken and heavy hearted however I would like to express my opinion on a couple other things that leave my saddened. As If it werent bad enough that men who fight for our lives were brutally murdered for no other reason than someones meanness, others too are spreading hate.

How about this comment that I have heard numerous times " He looked like a terrorist."  Talk about a hate filled comment. It breaks my heart that we are so quick to judge based solely on someones looks before we even talk or get to know the person. I am in no means defending the person who committed the terrible crimes, however for us to judge someone based on there looks is saddening to me.

Placing ALL Muslims in a category as terrorist is wrong. What happen to loving one another didnt Christ command this?? Did he say everyone but those who look different, or believe different??

One thing you will not see from me is His picture. I will not share a article that shows his face. I feel very passionate about this, in my opinion we have it all wrong. A shooter takes innocent lives and we post his picture everywhere news, facebook, twitter, He is everywhere. My opinion is thats exactly what He wanted, I believe He knew this all would end with him being dead, but that his name would be kept alive through what he did and he would in a sense be famous after all no doubt that anyone living in or near Tennessee could be shown his picture and know instantly who he was and what He did.

However Heros were killed and although there pictures are now surfacing His is still the main focus and that is what deeply saddens me.

These are the ones whose pictures we should be sharing.....


 My prayers are with the families of those who lost loved ones. Those who were greatly affected by the tragic acts of July 16, 2015.

No comments: