Wednesday, July 22, 2015

God is faithful....

 Our God is so faithful. When we started our adoption Journey 15 months ago we had no idea what we were in for. They tell you its a roller coaster ride, that the waiting is at times literally painful, that there will be times you cry your eyes out.  Of course I just listened and smiled politely. 15 months later I know all to well what they meant. I have felt such victory and felt so much excitement and anticipation and  also I have felt drained, and unsure. I have cried my eyes out plenty of times. I have wondered if we are just flat out crazy.

Things have certainly not went as planned.

Application to Agency -we were suppose to hear if they accepted us within a few weeks
We waited much longer turns out someone  who had to approve it was on vacation.

Home study- we were suppose to hear within 2-4 if we were approved.
Our total time was 5 months.

Then we found who we thought was our sweet baby, we answered questions for weeks and a few months later found out another family had been chosen for him. We were heart broken but we continued pressing forward and believing God had a plan.

God definitely did!!

I had looked at another babys profile (on the waiting list) countless times. I had even prayed he would find a family who would love him.

One day it clicked and I just knew that He was ours.

We requested to adopt him and immediately found out he was on "Hold" for our family. ( Meaning no one internationally could adopt him, but someone could adopt him domestically.)

Next we waited to hear if we had been matched with this baby, meaning they approved our request to adopt him and He was 100% for sure  our baby.

Normal wait time is 2-4 months and we were told that you normally hear within the 3rd or 4th month.

 In the meantime I applied for adoption grants and we were approved for each one we applied for. I sent a picture of the baby I was that certain that He was ours. I joke that my kid is a looker ;) and thats why we got all the grants.

Of course I know its because we cried out to God and He heard our cries.

We did not have the money to fund our adoption, but I stand here today being able to say its fully funded. Thats because my God is amazing!!!

The wait was so hard, I worried, I cried, I stressed, but what I did without ceasing was pray.

God heard my cries yet again.

23 weeks and one day later I found out that beautiful baby  is indeed  Connor T. Malone.

7 years praying that God would give us a child.
15 months into our adoption journey.
I have a son.

And I dont care that nothing went as planned and how horrible the wait was because regardless of how it happened, It happened and I am overwhelmed at our Gods faithfulness.

My son is a beautiful, rambunctious two year old who happens to have down syndrome and I am so incredibly blessed to be his mama.

1 comment:

jean wilcox said...

Thank You Jesus!!!!!