Sunday, July 26, 2015

The little face I saw so many times for over a year.....

Now that we have given it a few days to let the shock wear off I would like to tell you the story of our son.

When we started the adoption process after signing a contract with our agency we were then allowed to see a waiting list of chidren.

Most everyone knows the story of how we felt God leading us to pick Hong Kong as the country we adopt from. You can read that post by clicking here.

We looked on the waitng list, we looked deeply into the eyes of each child and wondered if he or she was ours. In the meantime we were working on paperwork and doing all the things we needed to in order to move forward in the adoption process.

I rememeber him, from the very beginning. I looked at his picture and smiled, but  he couldnt be my baby because he has Down syndrome. I prayed he would find a family that would love him unconditionally. Each time I got on the waiting list I would see children who were no longer there and I felt such joy knowing that meant they had been matched with familes, but each time my heart sank because he was still there.

Time went on and God began changing our hearts. One day our agency sent us a child study (information about a waitng child) on a little boy with Down Syndrome. We said we would pray about it and our social worker told us their was another child who had been waitng a very long time and she asked if we would be interested in seeing his child study. We discussed it and said yes we would take a look at it. Oh the shock when I opened the child study and saw the familiar face smiling back at me.  In the moment something clicked and I knew he was our son.

However we continued to pray and seek Gods will before making any hasty decsions. About 6 weeks later we spoke with our social worker about moving forward with this little boy.

We were asked tons and tons of questions. We waited and waited. Then one day after 23 weeks and 1 day MA came (matching approval).

Turns out that little face I saw so many times over the past year will be the little face I see each morning and tuck in every night.

Our God is so amazing and his timing is truly perfect. Please continue to pray as we work on paperwork and wait to hear that we can bring him home. 

No comments: