Sunday, August 9, 2015

Im ready....

We received new photos of Connor this week. I cannot explain to you what I felt when I opened the file and looked into those beautiful brown eyes. I studied his little face and fell deeper in love than before. I examined his features and obviously I saw the traits, but none of that matter because I saw Him. Obviously seeing him means seeing traces of Down syndrome, and I dont wanna change that. Because thats my Connor, however  he is so much more than that . I pray daily that God will make him the man He wants him to be. Not what we want, but what He wants. No  matter how hard the road ahead will be that is my prayer.

Connor is fearfully and wonderfully made and God has a plan for his future. I dont know what that plan looks like, but I know regardless He will touch lives. He has already changed mine.


When I looked into those deep brown eyes, I felt love. I instantly wanted to protect him, My arms ached to hold him and kiss his sweet face. I became ready. I instantly forgot that I dont know what im doing, or what our future will look like. I forgot that I dont know very much about him or his likes and dislikes. I fell so deep in love that all the fear washed away, and  Im ready to be his mother.

No comments: