Friday, January 29, 2016

Deepening love

Connor is doing wonderful and is very attached to Daddy and Mama!! This is exactly what needed to happen and is why we spent the first week at home with no visitors. If he attached to us and built trust with us so quickly through us giving him his daily care, he will attach to everyone else important in his life in time. Alot of people may not know but attachment when dealing with adoption is tricky. Even though Connor is young it could have still gone very differently. I am thankful for so much support from our family and friends who have lifted our sweet Connor in prayer as well as us in prayer. His transition have been as close to perfect as I can even describe and I know that is all grace from our Heavenly Father (and because my baby's awesome! :). I wanted to update you all and tell you a little more about my son and his cute quirks and personality. So here goes.....
    Connor can be shy. However with those he is comfortable with (right now mostly just Mama and Daddy.) He is a firecracker!!He plays and loves to laugh and make you laugh.  He loves anything musical. He has a keyboard, drums, and a guitar. He LOVES them all and is CRAZY about music. He knows so many songs and their hand motions from the orphanage. His favorites are Head, shoulders, knees, and toes. The itsy bitsy spider, and Wheels on the bus. Everyday when I feed him he will make those tiny fingers crawl above his head and of course Mama starts belting out The itsy bitsy spider with motions of course and he laughs and claps. He of course loves for you to play with him but Connor is also content to play by himself, and although he was surrounded by children at the orphanage He always played by himself and never really played with the other children. However he loved them being around. So far when around older children 5/6ish he seems the most intrigued. He loves to followed them around mimicking them. You can imagine this is the cutest thing ever. Connor is a awesome eater and has ate great since day 1. Connor has a swallow disorder wear over half the time his food goes down where it shouldn't so he is on a strictly pureed diet, so when you see me feeding him baby food I am not depriving him of real food. I would love nothing more than to buy my guy a happy meal and seeing his full set of teeth I know its hard to understand why I can't. Until he sees his Dr here and I have been informed other wise we will stick to pureed to be safe, literally. Connor also has to have thickened added to his liquids, he does not use a bottle or sippy cup but has a special cup to that helps prevent his risk of choking. However he would rather be feed his liquids like everything else by spoon, he is super spoiled ;).   Connor gives the biggest hugs after Mama changes his diaper, it is probably the sweetest thing ever and Mama lives for those hugs! Connor can  say Mama although at first he called Jeremy Mama too we are now working hard on Daddy (Dada). Connor just smiles super big so he probably can say it and is just playing us. Connor is primarily nonverbal. He can say nah (no) and Mama. Everything else is babbling. His speech therapist (in HK) was very happy with us progress and is very hopeful that speech will come but will probably be a few more years before He can speak in any sentences and such. Connor knows and can express alot more than he can verbalize. One thing i want you to know is this child is smart. You can show him something once and he will watch and immediately turn around and do it. We are very hopeful that we will have a high functioning future ahead, but like I have prayed so many times "God make him the man you want him to be."  "No  matter what that makes the future look like ". I truly mean it, because I know God will use him, somehow. Someway.
   In closing because formula needs to be made and laundry started, let me just say I honestly never knew I could love like this. I love my husband, I love my family,my friends, but this love is so different. This love is so powerful and strong. This love is a never ending love, a love that won't lesson, a love that won't change. I have become Connors security blanket. When out around new people or when he is tired (we haven't experienced sickness yet but I'm sure then too.) He wants Mama. I am overjoyed that he finds comfort in me. It's overwhelming the way I want to protect him. The way my Mama bear comes out of no where when a possible threat comes even in the vecenity of my child.
Motherhood is amazing! The love you had before you saw them. How you wanted to protect and nurture them before they were even in your arms. You thought it couldn't get deeper but then you saw them and oh the love deepened and you thought you could never ever love them more. But then you began caring for them feeding, changing, bathing, dressing, putting to bed each night and somehow it deepened again. This love is spectacular and I am serious when I say I had no idea it would be this amazing, that it could feel this awesome to be  a mother. The unspeakable joy that the Lord has allowed me to have, that this child who has no biological relation to me and yet could not be anymore my son is unfathomable. Knowing God chose us for him and him for us and seeing just how perfect His plan was. I just have no words to even begin to. Describe the thankfulness and gratitude in my heart for this precious soul God is allowing me to raise.

"Your ways are always higher.
Your plans are always good."

No comments: