Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My Sons Birth Story

  All Moms wanna share there babies birth story and although Connor is adopted I wanna share my babys birth story too!!!


    Connor was born on September 17, 2012. He was born at 38 weeks gestation by a normal vaginal birth.  He weighed 7 pounds 2 oz. Connor was noted to have Down Syndrome at birth. ( This was a BIG shock and was not known during the pregnancy.) Connor was named Tin Yan at birth by his birth mother which means "Gift from Heaven." 


  I wont say much about Connors birth family, but I will say his mother desperately wanted to keep him. She however after almost 5 months of searching for a way made the ultimate sacrifice and showed the most selfless love by placing her beautiful baby for adoption. She knew that someone else could give him more and loved him enough to give him a better life than what she believed she could give. I admire her strength. 



Connor was placed into a foster home in January 2012. We had the pleasure while in Hong Kong to meet Connors foster mama and I can say without a doubt that he was loved and given excellent care.
She spoke at Connors farewell party about how she had prayed for this day for so long and was so thankful that Connor had found his family.

Connors birth mother relinquished her rights on February 18, 2013. Those who know me know that is my birthday and what a gift I was given that year, although I wouldnt know it for two more years I received the best birthday gift I will ever receive that year. Her heartbreaking decision would make my dreams come true.

Connor moved to Wee Care in Mothers Choice Orphanage in March 2014. 

It was a hard transition for him, but if he only knew how happy he would be there. The care and love he received was immeasurable!! He was loved and cherished so deeply and would not be the person he is today without all the workers who poured their love and time into my sweet boy. 









Connor was given Speech, physical, and occupational therapy at the orphanage.
Connor could sit on his own in March 2014. He crawled in September 2014. Stood alone in December 2014. 
 And  In June 2015 Connor began to walk on his own.  He continued to grow and grew bigger and stronger.

We were matched with Connor on July 21, 2015, and on September 11, 2015 He was first introduced to us through video and pictures.


 On January 11, 2016 we finally met Connor.




It was a wonderful day that will forever be completely indescribable for me.
We got in the floor and played music and just got to know each other.
It was a perfect day and it sure was hard to leave that night.
The next thing we knew it was time to say goodbye and it sure was so hard to take this sweet boy from the only family he had ever known.
It was a day filled with so much sadness, and yet so much happiness too.

And that is Connors story. It has some sad parts, but oh the happy parts far outweigh all the sad.  This is my sons birth story. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are blessed beyond measures! You are doing an amazing job, as we all can see. God knew what he was doing when he placed conner in your life!